nokia lumia 520 restarting by itself

mikedcracker

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
has anyone noticed that this problem started only after Amber update ... ? yes i am also experiencing the same problem and my phone restarts way too much coz i am constantly on 3g ...now solving the problem using a card/paper ? i am not sure about it coz for me it started after the Amber ..still will give this a shot too .

karlito_q

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Only seeing this thread now. I am having this problem at the moment but have the added issue that sometimes it seems to wipe the time setting and goes back to a date in July 2013. Anyone having this problem too??

Chris Hartford

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I've only had this 520 for 3 days, it too is powering off and rebooting randomly. I've been doing some investigations at this end. Currently at work, the phone is plugged into the computer via USB and sat on the desk (i.e. no movement or vibration). the battery is fully charged. I have . 'pinched' the terminals on the battery together for a tighter fit, and wedged folded paper up under the battery and even tried roughing the phone up a bit to test for loose battery connections.
If I switch the wifi on, it does a search and connects to an available network here which on this phone seems to be 'the cloud'. Once connected it powers off within seconds.... it's on and off like a yo yo. I'm constantly seeing little sync windows pop up on the laptop. If I turn wifi 'off'... it sits there quite happily for hours (like it has done this morning, and the last 15 minutes since last disabling wifi.
Not sure if this is of any use to anyone, but that's what's going on at this end.
Anyone got any ideas on this test ? I'm curious about the 512Mb RAM comment above but don't know enough about IT to understand the relation between that and memory drains when connecting to wifi.
I've not tested this phone elsewhere or on other wifi networks.
I installed all available updates yesterday morning (21/2/14). Can't say whether the problem existed prior t this as I only brought the phone into this building at work yesterday. I do know that it was fine on the day I bought it (the day before) but I was on the road for most of the time using the sat nav with plenty of vibration in the car and no tweaks to the battery area as listed above (done yesterday afternoon)
It was fine at home last night too other than resetting the time by about 5 hours. I'm on the verge of taking it back to the store.
No apps installed other than Here Drive to replace the 'beta' version that came with the phone.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Druiz

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this problem ever since I bought the phone and I even had it sent to Nokia Service but they sent it back saying there was no problem. I just hate how these phones seem to malfunction and Nokia simply does not do anything to fix it. I don't think we should add "papers" to provide a better fit for the battery, or use needles to fix the little connectors...Nokia should just remove this phone from the market and fix the problems.

littlelohan

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
mine was doing this, and sometimes would even turn off when it got placed on a surface...very frustrating. I did hard resets and generally started carrying my phone like an egg.....trying to to tap it at all.

These restarts stopped happening for me when I got a new sim card. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but my sim card was 3 years old, and now, since this new one, the phone has yet to restart :)

Honenz

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have had the same problem after removing the battery cover I noticed the battery housing caused the battery to break contact
causing the phone to switch off.

you need to cut a card board the same width as the battery I used a serial box or you can use a business card and place it over the
battery the put the battery cover back on that will fix the problem.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards

Hone

Vasco Silva1

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey!! How are you people?

I have the same problem with my mobile. When I put him at the pocket or at some surface the mobile reboots. I sent it to the warranty but they didn't noticed the problem. But I just noticed that when I touch him right in the volume buttons the mobile restarts again. I need to take of the battery and it works again (unitl the next reboot). Does anyone knows what's happening??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon