nokia lumia 520 restarting by itself

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 520 is now restarting by itself suddenly the screen will stop responding and when I press the screen lock button two things might happen first it gets fixed and other times it just restarts any thoughts of why is this happening ??

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. This happens to be a bug that I am also experiencing. It only happens if the phone is very hot. Perhaps, let the phone cool down first? Heavy usage will lead to breakdowns one point or another.

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was facing this problems sometime too. As said by Wandering Traveler, it might be because of overheating or heavy usage. Its better to manually switch off the mobile once in a day and let it be off for about 5 - 10 mins and then switch it on again. This is good for the phone as it cools it down, makes the phone fresh and sometimes prevents auto-restart too.

paul wilkie

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
My 520 has started to do this as well, Sometimes when I hit the power button to turn the screen off it will shut down and I have to remove the battery to get it to restart. Not sure whats going on but I hope to get it sorted out.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My 520 does every now and then too.

I'm not in the need of a fix, i'm just worried when i have plans to get another Windows Phone, the same thing doesn't happen.

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry this mainly happened because of the 512 MB of ram and only 1.0 GHz of processor you are not going to face problems like this on a high end phone like the 1020 or even 820 or 920

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry this mainly happened because of the 512 MB of ram and only 1.0 GHz of processor you are not going to face problems like this on a high end phone like the 1020 or even 820 or 920

Lack of memory should not cause a phone to freeze or reboot. The OS should manage memory and shut down inactive (or even active) apps to free up necessary space.
From the posts above, it sounds like an OS bug (maybe a memory leak?) or a hardware issue with the 520.

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My 520 has started to do this as well, Sometimes when I hit the power button to turn the screen off it will shut down and I have to remove the battery to get it to restart. Not sure whats going on but I hope to get it sorted out.

Having this exact same issue. Also, if the battery died and I connect it to the charger to charge, when it is fully charged and I unplug it and then attempt to turn it on, it refuses to power on unless I first remove the battery and then power it on.

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Loose battery!!!! Had same problems but cured it by placing a small piece of card under battery to make it a firmer fit solved it....

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Lack of memory should not cause a phone to freeze or reboot. The OS should manage memory and shut down inactive (or even active) apps to free up necessary space.
From the posts above, it sounds like an OS bug (maybe a memory leak?) or a hardware issue with the 520.

yep your probably right

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

paul wilkie

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I think its my power button, When my phone won't turn on I was removing the battery to get it to start. Yesterday instead of removing the battery to start it I held down the camera button and it started.

Sophie Arnold

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 520, where it just randomly turns itself off. However, I did drop it, but it did this before I dropped it. I have had the screen replaced (by carphone warehouse) and the problem has got worse. Now if it turns itself off, and I turn it on and it's reset itself, it doesn't update my messages or alarms! I have to delete the conversation in order to get a new message and for it to show a sent message. Also, I have to turn my alarm off and back on again! I tried using the folded paper trick, but didn't really understand where to place it, as it worked for a bit, but then ultimately the problem returned. So is this 'normal' with the phone turning itself off and resetting itself? But it's definitely batter related, as mentioned previously, in connection with the initial restart/shut down.

Any help greatly appreciated! And already checked Nokia, I can't claim it off the warranty :\.

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Sophie,
With the phone laid on its back place the paper/card underneath the battery so that when reinserting it the connections are pushed upwards towards the pins.This makes refitting the case a tighter fit, needing more pressure on the edges to close it. Worked for me...
Bob

paul wilkie

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey I fixed mine, I used a needle to bend the battery contacts inwards making a better connection on the pins... Problem solved no more shut downs or restarts....

Flavio Serra

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Loose battery!!!! Had same problems but cured it by placing a small piece of card under battery to make it a firmer fit solved it....

It worked for me too, I had gone so far to get the firmware reinstalled by Nokia Care, but this was THE solution!

Somewhere else I read that the problem could also be that some phones have troubles in switching to and from 2G and 3G, disabling 3G could be the solution in these cases... but try with the paper first ;-)

Ben zs11

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it would work with card but wouldn't there be a high chance that your phone would set on fire if you have paper next to the battery when it heats up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo