lumia 620 has super senstive touch now and other update impressions

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
just got my phone updated to amber and i got the super sensitive touch screen option have you guys who updated your phone noticed this
and with the update comes glance screen (no double tap to wake),no fm (there is nokia music) and yea i have data sense
that is it for now have you guys got the sensitive touch and wht are your impressions

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I updated my wifes 620 and noticed the same thing. But, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to the screens sensitivity though. I knew that FM wouldn't be included or double tap to wake due to hardware limitations so no big deal really.
Anyway, I'm getting a 1020 sometime soon and will be donating my 920 to the wife when I eventually get it.

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Why everybody speak about hardware limitations???

well the 620 is a awesome phone really gud phone but certain hardware limitations prevent some really practical features like double tap to wake and fm (which i really don't care about) but for the price there got to be some cut backs but the l620 is really worth the money with or without the extra features

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Why everybody speak about hardware limitations???

My belief is that the 620's battery isn't powerful enough to cope with the double tap to wake feature so Nokia have not enabled it for the 620. If they had have done the internet would have been flooded with complaints of poor battery life after the Amber update. The omission of an FM radio is due to the placement of the headphone jack or so goes the popular theory. Anyway, it is Nokia's official stance to blame limitations of the hardware to explain away these missing features from their lower level phones.

Even with these missing features the 620 is still a fantastic Windows Phone for the money and you won't find anything like it running Android at this price point in terms of performance and features it already has. My wife has been very pleased with her 620 and hasn't complained once since I bought it her when it launched in the UK.

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My belief is that the 620's battery isn't powerful enough to cope with the double tap to wake feature so Nokia have not enabled it for the 620. If they had have done the internet would have been flooded with complaints of poor battery life after the Amber update. The omission of an FM radio is due to the placement of the headphone jack or so goes the popular theory. Anyway, it is Nokia's official stance to blame limitations of the hardware to explain away these missing features from their lower level phones.

Even with these missing features the 620 is still a fantastic Windows Phone for the money and you won't find anything like it running Android at this price point in terms of performance and features it already has. My wife has been very pleased with her 620 and hasn't complained once since I bought it her when it launched in the UK.

Indeed it's a wonderful phone. But I guess I gonna buy a Mugen battery for mine, maybe those made for the 520, it's the same size as the original one, says Mugen by email.

My wife has my old Galaxy Mini2, first they promised an update to 4.2.2, then they stay it's gonna stay at the 2.3 :s

They can always add extra stuff in the future, but I guess with did receive another GDR2, so with cut-out features...

I don't know if somebody can activate those features on a 620 and see if double tap and such work....

But in fact they lie to us consumers, cause every check on the hardware done by others, show it's possible to have them...

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if somebody can activate those features on a 620 and see if double tap and such work....

But in fact they lie to us consumers, cause every check on the hardware done by others, show it's possible to have them...

I guess they need to differentiate between different models. Like, if all models of Lumias had the exact same features, you probably would just buy the cheapest model, therefore the more expensive models would only be considered if you wanted a bigger screen.

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
And more storage and more memory and a faster CPU, the same as with PCs :)

Software is the same on every PC, it's just about the hardware

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 620 touch screen works with nails after amber update. No matter if the sensitivity option is set to normal or high. (however it is a bit more sensitive when it's on high sensitivity option)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven