Lumia 920 - "No Service" Issue!

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, figured I would post asking if anyone has been able to resolve the "No Service" issue on the Lumia 920? Basically what happens is when you turn on the phone you see the airplane logo for a split second then it goes to "No Service".

New sim cards, hard resets, changing to LTE or 3G, trying to manually select the carrier, etc does not seem to be working for anyone.

Also, Amber Update did not resolve it. If you search engine this it is quite widespread. I am lucky enough to have two Lumia 920 phones so I can still have the Windows experience when I want it BUT there is nothing out there yet that has fixed the No Service issue on the other one.

It is basically a weight. Any idea's? Has anyone resolved this? I am beginning to feel it is a hardware related issue.

haji2m

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi. In conjunction to the no service issue, since yesterday, I have been unable to connect to the integrated Facebook text chat. Anyone facing the same prob?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I get the No Service bug fairly regularly on my 920 (3 UK). It's bloody annoying but putting the phone in and out of flight mode usually fixes it for me.

cobra111

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Try chucking your IMEI into here, it will check to make sure it's not blacklisted, if it's not then it could be a cracked antennae.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, figured I would post asking if anyone has been able to resolve the "No Service" issue on the Lumia 920? Basically what happens is when you turn on the phone you see the airplane logo for a split second then it goes to "No Service".

New sim cards, hard resets, changing to LTE or 3G, trying to manually select the carrier, etc does not seem to be working for anyone.

Also, Amber Update did not resolve it. If you search engine this it is quite widespread. I am lucky enough to have two Lumia 920 phones so I can still have the Windows experience when I want it BUT there is nothing out there yet that has fixed the No Service issue on the other one.

It is basically a weight. Any idea's? Has anyone resolved this? I am beginning to feel it is a hardware related issue.

I had this problem and after 3 times of sending my phone for repair and kicking up a fuss, they figured out that my aerial was broken inside the phone (it has been dropped)

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Looks like mine came defective right out of the factory, it has never been dropped and has always been handled with complete care.

I am pretty well certain at this point that it is a hardware issue. Thanks to all. I was more curious than anything and it doesn't look like anything can be done on the user end to resolve this.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
One thing you could try is dial ##3282# >> settings >> Network Type >> 2G. Check if something shows up. If yes then set it to automatic and hit back till you reach the home screen. Also reboot if you can.

gharechahi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue with my lumia 920. I couldn't fix this problem by changing the RM. this is not a software bug. In my opinion this problem may relate to sim slot holder. In my phone the sim card could not fit within the phone. when I tried to thickend my sim card this resolved my problem. you could try this may be fixed your problem.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just had this happen for the first time yesterday. I had plugged my phone in to charge at 4:30PM when I got home then unplugged it to send a text at around 5:45PM and there was no service.

I tried switching airplane mode on and off; that didn't work.
Tried restarting the phone; that didn't work
Tried making a call to see if that would work with finding a signal; no luck

So I set my phone down for a few minutes and was planning to make a trip into the AT&T store, when I picked it back up it was working again.

I was looking back at my previous posts in the forum and realizing that I have had so many problems with this phone ever since I received it last November. Just when I think it has worked out all the bugs I am hit with another one. I may just have to break down and spend the money to purchase a new phone because it is getting very old, very quickly.

Daniel Dhar

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey i had the same problem with my phone and i fixed it ... Here s what you do go to settings and then mobile network .....scroll down youll see sim applications ..... Scroll right down and youll see international roaming switch that on ... Youll get service again ...this happens when you leave the state or country dont know why but it works for me hope it works for you

purefire

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
ok i had this issue.. solved it finally up doing a reset and turning off auto update.. so i went to bone stock 920 settings.. working perfect.. it started out of the blue getting no service.. it's a software bug for sure..

Andy BITW

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay so this happen to me as well! All i did was i first bashed Nokia support on twitter for not helping me, then i emailed Nokia support they said they will fix it for free if the phone has a warranty on it. So i shipped it out and they sent me a new one due to the fact they could not fix the issue. So email Nokia support. I think this issue will happen to anyone with a 920 over time because:angry: if you shake the phone you can here parts inside moving so the phone dose not have a good bulid quailty inside causing the single to mess up as a whole. (ALSO THEY SENT ME A NEW 920 and LIKE 2 days later if was full of scratches.)
(also i wish nokia would care more about the 920 feels like they just stop worrying about....still waiting for GDR2.):eek:rly:

Lunalphic

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I got the same issue after updating to gdr3 and I'm not sure but I think it only happens when maximum speed is set to 4g.
Maybe it's not about the software update it self, could be about the version of the update... I think it's different depending on country so some version can be defective and can be causing this. For that reason they probably didn't notice the problem.
My phone is a nokia lumia 920 unlocked version and firmware is 3051.40000.1349.0004 The original provider was CV Scandinavia but I bought in Portugal.
Just check if you have the same problem and if any of these info is the same as yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss