Lumia 1520 specs... Standard for Windows Phone 9?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm really just curious... since this is the first Windows Phone that's Quad-Core, 1080p.

Can we expect this to be the hardware standard for Windows Phone 9?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm really just curious... since this is the first Windows Phone that's Quad-Core, 1080p.

Can we expect this to be the hardware standard for Windows Phone 9?

most definitely not. The reasons are thus.

Wp9 is not on the cards yet, 8.1 is due out early next year, the fact that they have started the update number at 1 tells us we can expect a few of them. If it was 8.5 then there would be room, its not, there isn't.

Secondly, as wp9 is likely 2-3 even 4 years away, trying to guess the specs now is like trying to guess the Samsung note specs when the iphone 3gs launched.

Thirdly, no.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ow thanks,

so my question now is... can we expect these specs to be the specs for windows phones moving forward?

Or it's really just to power the 6 inch screen?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Ow thanks,

so my question now is... can we expect these specs to be the specs for windows phones moving forward?

Or it's really just to power the 6 inch screen?

they will become the top end specs yes. But i would still expect a large number of budget handsets with low specs as these will.be the phones that sell in droves and create the market share.

All future flagships will be 1080p and quad core though.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
they will become the top end specs yes. But i would still expect a large number of budget handsets with low specs as these will.be the phones that sell in droves and create the market share.

All future flagships will be 1080p and quad core though.

Really?? We heard about Nokia's HTCs and huaweis how not Samsung. The only phone its rumoured is that AT&T phone. I'm not sure they must have 1080p etc

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Really?? We heard about Nokia's HTCs and huaweis how not Samsung. The only phone its rumoured is that AT&T phone. I'm not sure they must have 1080p etc

i knew someone would jump on the last sentence.

I retract that last sentence. And replace it with this

I suspect that for a small portion of time in the future after a period of one week, but before a period of one million years, there will be various flag ship phones from at least one OEM that run wp 8 series software and have quad core processors and a 1080p screen. Please note this is not a factual statement, but one based on logic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786