Playlists wont sync on SD Card on GDR2

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Im just new on WP Central, so hello to everyone :)

Back in July, I used to own an Ativ S, before I spotted the HTC One, after jumping ship to the One for 2 months, due to missing calls because of low ringer volume on the S and drawn by the Boomsound speakers, screen and lovely camera, I finally came back to WP8 as Android was just too messy for me and it never changes. Anyway, back in July.. my old Ativ S sync'd music and playlists great with WMP12 (Win7x64), no issues. I have about 15GB of music I like to carry round, so no good on internal storage.

However, now after returning to an unlocked UK Ativ S, v.8.0.10327.77, on the SD Card.. my music duplicates tracks (2 of everything) and the playlists are there, but with 0 songs in them, yet it all sync's perfectly when sync'd with the internal 16GB phone storage.. Im suing a 32GB Class 6 Samsung SD Card.

I did consider a 32GB Lumia 920 before this, but from what ive read.. the Nokia music app is still broken.

When I tried to sync using the WP desktop program, some tracks copied but most reported errors.

Any Advice..

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Im just new on WP Central, so hello to everyone :)

Back in July, I used to own an Ativ S, before I spotted the HTC One, after jumping ship to the One for 2 months, due to missing calls because of low ringer volume on the S and drawn by the Boomsound speakers, screen and lovely camera, I finally came back to WP8 as Android was just too messy for me and it never changes. Anyway, back in July.. my old Ativ S sync'd music and playlists great with WMP12 (Win7x64), no issues. I have about 15GB of music I like to carry round, so no good on internal storage.

However, now after returning to an unlocked UK Ativ S, v.8.0.10327.77, on the SD Card.. my music duplicates tracks (2 of everything) and the playlists are there, but with 0 songs in them, yet it all sync's perfectly when sync'd with the internal 16GB phone storage.. Im suing a 32GB Class 6 Samsung SD Card.

I did consider a 32GB Lumia 920 before this, but from what ive read.. the Nokia music app is still broken.

When I tried to sync using the WP desktop program, some tracks copied but most reported errors.

Any Advice..

Are they the right format, check and see what MS supports. If you don't want to use WP app for Desktop, sync using Windows Music Player or drag and drop to the music folder on the SD card with the same files that reported errors and see what happens. I've had much more luck with Windows Music Player synced to SD than WP app for desktop

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Are they the right format, check and see what MS supports. If you don't want to use WP app for Desktop, sync using Windows Music Player or drag and drop to the music folder on the SD card with the same files that reported errors and see what happens. I've had much more luck with Windows Music Player synced to SD than WP app for desktop

Thanks for the reply.. Yeah, the tracks are WMA Lossless and I use WMP12 (Win7x64). Im just wondering if maybe I should try a new SD Card.. strangely though.. the camera takes Pics to SD Card no issues, and I can watch a movie or opy my wallpaper folder to the SD.. everything is fine, Just the music sync'ing issues.

But I did notice how slow all files copy across.

ATM, everything is on my Phone Storage and ive scaled back my music folder to about 4GB, so any other advice would be appreciated :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99