Avoid the Nokia 925 and Vodafone like the plague...

calgontablet79

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
How disappointing this phone has been. Awful.

Last weekend, I posted how my first Nokia 925, about 5 weeks old, had multiple faults including: The mic shutting-down completely when the speakerphone was switched on; the browser sporadically cutting-out; complete failure by the phone to ever synch with local time no matter what you did, regular crashing, the?

Someone on here said the phone sounded like it was ?a lemon.? I took it into the local Vodafone shop, Bracknell (utter cowboys) who said it had to go off for repair. Off it went. They wouldn?t loan me a phone as ?I didn?t have insurance.? So, by the Friday, realising I wasn?t going to get my phone back until the next week, I went into Argos and bought a cheapo PAYG effort to use in the meantime. By the by, Vodafone Bracknell: Comedy Act of a shop. On the Fri, I went in to ask if my phone was back. No, it isn?t. We?ll text you when it is. I asked how ? I don?t have a working phone. This seemed to irritate the wonderful sales assistant, who promptly gave me a mobile number for the shop so I could call them for updates. This might have proven useful, except they don?t ever, ever, ever answer this phone. Ever. You can ring it anytime you like. I even left messages that still haven?t been responded-to. So, I just had to just keep driving back to the shop to ask for updates.

Also, they?d booked-in my phone to the repair centre and logged it as having some marks/scratches. It didn?t have a single mark or scratch. Furthermore, not only would they not loan me a phone, but made no mention of the fact that I could be given a larger SIM card to fit in an alternative handset ? something I only discovered on the weekend. Indeed, when my phone finally came back, they gave me a new a micro-SIM for it. I get home and call Vodafone to activate it to discover ? hey ? they can?t do that. It should have been activated in the shop, I?m told. Go back down there. No thank you.

So, anyway, eight days later, yes, a replacement handset arrives at the branch. Assume the previous one must have been in a very bad way for them to replace it. Get it home last night. Guess what. This time, the mic doesn?t work at all. You phone someone, you talk. You can?t hear them. Totally dead. Tried everything. In fact, the volume on this was distinctly poorer and the reception pretty-much made the phone unusable anyway (see, on this handset, the earpiece DID work when you put it on speakerphone). Mess.

Back into Vodafone Bracknell, 9 O?Clock this morning. Am told off it has to go ?for repair? again. They don?t even bother to check that the fault I am describing exists (too much effort, I assume). He kindly offers to loan me a phone this time. No point. Back out comes my ?20 Argos job. Hey Ho. I just want my money back. Strange how Vodafone are so desperate to get you to sign up to a fresh contract and beg and plead and once you?re back with them, they couldn?t care less.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I feel for you mate. Vodafone are terrible when it comes to sorting out customers problems -- this is why I stick with O2 (for contract phone), as they have the best customer service.

When my first L920 started having problems, I phoned them up around 7pm, and the next day they sent a courier to pick my old phone up and deliver a 'brand new' replacement -- the best thing is, O2 only took eleven hours to do, and it didn't cost me a penny.

Personally, I would try get out of the contract, and go with O2 -- I say this because I've been with all UK carriers. Good luck

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Always take your phone to a Nokia care point (look on Nokia's website). They repair free of charge. I heard if a carrier repairs the phone they could void your warranty.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Always take your phone to a Nokia care point (look on Nokia's website). They repair free of charge. I heard if a carrier repairs the phone they could void your warranty.

Completely agree. The Care Points are great and do a wonderful job for all Nokia phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs