Fooling Around wth the 520

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a Lumia 520 AT&T Go Phone to use as a music hub and backup phone If needed. I most likely will never use it as a phone, so I wanted to play around with flashing a different rom...specifically the New Zealand Telecom rom. Question is: If the need arises, will I still be ale to use my AT&T sim in the phone even though it is flashed wit the NZ Telecom rom.

Thanks

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone answer this question??

My 520 is an AT&T branded phone. I understand that this particular 520 is a GSM phone working on AT&T's frequencies. Does the ROM determine the frequency upon which the phone functions??? Meaning...will the phone still function on AT&T's bands regardless of what ROM is flashed? Thank you for your help. :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to flash my 520 with RM-915 VAR APAC AU CV. Haven't tried my AT&T sim card yet...don't really care if it works. Just enjoy learning about the flashing process. All is working fine...plus, Data Sense is included, which is always nice to see. Took a total of 5 minutes, tops.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to flash my 520 with RM-915 VAR APAC AU CV. Haven't tried my AT&T sim card yet...don't really care if it works. Just enjoy learning about the flashing process. All is working fine...plus, Data Sense is included, which is always nice to see. Took a total of 5 minutes, tops.

Yes it will work. That's exactly the ROM I'm using on mine. I have a Net10 AT&T SIM card, and it works great! I usually have H or H+ service, depending of course on where I am.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium