Battery Issues - Amber / GDR2 Update - Lumia 920- INDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

After amber/gdr2 update , i have observed that lumia 920 battery life has gone down drastically. However i have seen mixed responses from users about this issue .
My intention to start this thread is to get feedback from users in india about battery drain in their phones as i doubt if 3G might be causing the issue .
i have seen many users recommending hard resets to resolve the issue, so if you have some resolution tips for fixing this issue, kindly request you to share.

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Amber / GDR2 Update -Lumia 920- INDIA

It'd be a good idea to edit the title of the thread and add "Please post your battery experience post amber"?

Also is your nfc and other random things off?
Make sure you ain't online on FB chat from messages

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Two things have DRASTICALLY improved my battery life: Switching off 3G (who needs it when 99% of the time I have wifi), and making sure Glance isn't Always On. I have it set to Peek.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Two things have DRASTICALLY improved my battery life: Switching off 3G (who needs it when 99% of the time I have wifi), and making sure Glance isn't Always On. I have it set to Peek.
Ok ...thanks for the feedback..so 3G was the issue for you too..

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed and understood !! But is 3G causing a higher battery drain after amber update is what my concern is.And that's because i was using 3G even before amber but it didn't have this kind of battery drain.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
^Some crazy app in the background eating your battery?

Gonna test it tonight. Yesterday night when i turned 3g off , i observed that the battery drain % per hour was only 1 wherein with 3G it was 12.5 and more .However when internet connection is turned off and in my case 3G, the background tasks don't work . so today i will keep 3G on and disable all the background tasks to check the situation.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So far, I like the benefits of Amber.
Call blocking is a must have for me, the amount of PPI calls I get is a joke!

That said, I have used 10% in under an hour, so it is taking a bit of a hammering :|

Oh and I can't seem to drop off 3G?! I only have 3G or 4G as my options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers