apps not being detected from sdcard

FayadNazim

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Even I have the same issue, I copied around 20apps after I had reset my phone. Some of the apps showed up in store > SD card while most didnt. I tried restarting the phone but of no help.

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got a solution?
internet should be on all time during this process.
Remove sd card from your phone, then restart your phone, then go to store app to check if sd card option is gone or not. If sd card option is not available then, insert your sd card then again restart your phone. Then go to store app and install apps from sd card you like.
This method should resolve your problem.

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This happens a lot when apps are either: lower version than store version, removed from store, hidden from store and similar issues. I've got 2 apps here that give me the same stuff. Do note that you have to wait up to 20 minutes for the phone to understand there's an SDcard with apps and that they should be in the root of the SDcard.

FayadNazim

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
This happens a lot when apps are either: lower version than store version, removed from store, hidden from store and similar issues. I've got 2 apps here that give me the same stuff. Do note that you have to wait up to 20 minutes for the phone to understand there's an SDcard with apps and that they should be in the root of the SDcard.
I just downloaded 2apps now that are compatible with 512MB devices and copied it to my sd card root. One of them showed up, the other didnt.

The SD card option shows up after you reboot the phone, no need to wait.
The apps need not be copied to the root folder, it can be there anywhere inside the memory card.
does your problem get solved and also check if app is compatible with your phone or not (may be it require higher ram) ?
No it didnt :(

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded 2apps now that are compatible with 512MB devices and copied it to my sd card root. One of them showed up, the other didnt.

The SD card option shows up after you reboot the phone, no need to wait.
The apps need not be copied to the root folder, it can be there anywhere inside the memory card.

No it didnt :(
i sometimes follow this method to sove this problem, you can try this check out app in sd card option, if app is not showing, press back and again go to sd card option.

i have to do this 3-4 times to get app in sd card option but this problem occurs occasionally and yes, it is not necessary to put app in root folder but it is recommended, so that your phone finds app more efficiently and faster.

manchanp

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
After Amber update on my Lumia 720 i am not getting app update notification in store. Though when i open that app in store i can see the update.
Is anybody else facing this issue? Any fix for this?

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
After Amber update on my Lumia 720 i am not getting app update notification in store. Though when i open that app in store i can see the update.
Is anybody else facing this issue? Any fix for this?
sometimes, update takes a week to appear in store app. Usually, it takes 2-3 days, when update comes.

manchanp

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Read numerous threads on this issue.. Tried alot of things yesterday night and finally today i saw 31 app updates :D
Finally ... Got updates after 30-35 days.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If the app which you have downloaded is of lower version then the store version then you cant see it in sdcard option.
and open sdcard option 2-3 times then you will see the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo