People often have a hard time hearing me.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think there could be something wrong with my phone. Many timed people just have a hard time hearing me on my 920. I'm making sure I'm holding it correctly and not covering the microphone. It's not all the time but if it happens it will stay that way for the duration of the call.

Also, sometimes the voice recognition seems to not work too well also. Perhaps it is related?

Has anyone else been having similar issues.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Check your volume, I have mine set to 8/10 and 25/30 and i'm using Jawbone Bluetooth. Same setting without Bluetooth.

I'm starting to think there could be something wrong with my phone. Many timed people just have a hard time hearing me on my 920. I'm making sure I'm holding it correctly and not covering the microphone. It's not all the time but if it happens it will stay that way for the duration of the call.

Also, sometimes the voice recognition seems to not work too well also. Perhaps it is related?

Has anyone else been having similar issues.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I went to the service center yesterday and the just blew compressed air I to the microphone. They seemed to think it was working but it still sounded distorted on the other end.

I went back today and got my phone replaced. I called a few people and they all seemed much happier with the sound quality.

I think my microphone was bad from the beginning. I always had a hard time with voice recognition. It just never worked for me. Now that seems much more accurate too.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My issue was just defective hardware. I'm amazed at how well voice recognition works now. I always though it just sucked on this phone.

The microphone wasn't passing through all the frequencies. It just seemed to have a narrow response range making everything sound muffled and muddy. It was worse than an analog cell phone from the 90s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs