Sad, Sad, Day... Bye Bye Lumia 920

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phone at my local Best Buy back in November. And have broken the phone (long story)

So I took the phone to Best Buy to have it replaced under the plan I purchased. After a week they decided to junk it. What this means is they would not send me a refurbished phone. Instead they would pull one from stock at the store to replace it.

Turns out they don't have one, nor do any exist at a store near by. (later I find the stocks online are also depleted)

So they offer to give me credit equal to the off contract price of the 920, $599, to purchase another phone of my choosing.

Problem is, Best Buy, is not replenishing their stocks of Windows phones.. any of them, and they do not and will not offer any other model of Windows phone. According to them, "they just aren't selling".

I am not willing to go elsewhere to pay full off contract price for a new Windows phone.. This sucks!

I really like the Windows phone and want to help support it so it can grow. But without them being available...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phone at my local Best Buy back in November. And have broken the phone (long story)

So I took the phone to Best Buy to have it replaced under the plan I purchased. After a week they decided to junk it. What this means is they would not send me a refurbished phone. Instead they would pull one from stock at the store to replace it.

Turns out they don't have one, nor do any exist at a store near by. (later I find the stocks online are also depleted)

So they offer to give me credit equal to the off contract price of the 920, $599, to purchase another phone of my choosing.

Problem is, Best Buy, is not replenishing their stocks of Windows phones.. any of them, and they do not and will not offer any other model of Windows phone. According to them, "they just aren't selling".

I am not willing to go elsewhere to pay full off contract price for a new Windows phone.. This sucks!

I really like the Windows phone and want to help support it so it can grow. But without them being available...

I am sorry but I find this hard to believe. They have the 920 in stock on line and it is available ship to store. In Phoenix it is stocked in several stores. In fact online they have 20 different Windows Phones from all of the US carriers, with some even being on sale. Last I checked that is also not consistent with their replacement policy. Finally, Best Buy employees are not commission and have no reason to steer you to anything else. Quite the contrary, their priority is to keep you as a customer. I would suggest you need to speak to the manager....

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just logged into the Best Buy here in Baton rouge La. and they have four models of windows phones for sale including the 920. they have them for AT&T, Verison and T-mobile. They only carrier they don't show a windows phone for is Sprint. fdalbor

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just logged into the Best Buy here in Baton rouge La. and they have four models of windows phones for sale including the 920. they have them for AT&T, Verison and T-mobile. They only carrier they don't show a windows phone for is Sprint. fdalbor

Made me laugh.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Makes no sense, he/she will suffer loss.

They will have a loss, but they will not lose on the deal. It would work because they are giving him so much for his broken phone.

You can go on eBay and buy a 920 for $300...all day long. So, he gets $600, sells that for $500 to someone else so they can get WHATEVER they want...goes and gets a $300 used phone and pockets $200.

Sure he lost $100 but still is ahead.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
They will have a loss, but they will not lose on the deal. It would work because they are giving him so much for his broken phone.

You can go on eBay and buy a 920 for $300...all day long. So, he gets $600, sells that for $500 to someone else so they can get WHATEVER they want...goes and gets a $300 used phone and pockets $200.

Sure he lost $100 but still is ahead.

A penny saved is a penny earned pal, he can order the device from BB online rather than gambling on ebay with their fees structure that is pants

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb