Upset that iOS 7 was released before I got GDR2... Does flashing this void my warranty / have a risk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't be upset. Be happy. I just installed iOS7 on my company phone and it looks cartoonish. The keyboard is a joke, the icons look like they were designed by Mattel. No way you can take this phone serious by the way it looks.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't be upset. Be happy. I just installed iOS7 on my company phone and it looks cartoonish. The keyboard is a joke, the icons look like they were designed by Mattel. No way you can take this phone serious by the way it looks.

haha, what I meant was, I've been waiting for this update for so long now, and all the iPhones gets updated in a single day, it pissed me off. I know that ios7 looks like a poor attempt of windows phone lol, but some features are actually nice

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This iOS update will help WP8 more than any attack ad. Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave. BTW, remember that iPhone is one phone and Windows has multiple OEMs.

Samvel87

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Still looks better than iOS 6.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just hope at&t doesn't do this for gdr3 and blue. Microsoft said all phones would be updated simultaneously and OTA what ever happened to that?

Ps. Since Microsoft bought Nokia, doesn't that mean all Nokias , at least would be updated on a date they set up?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I installed iOS7 on my iPhone 5 this afternoon, and I actually like it. I'm still not sure why everyone's saying it's a copy of WP. The only resemblance I see is the flat design. I agree with you on the keyboard; I always did hate it. What is the reasoning behind always showing the letters in caps? But, you will take me less seriously when I say that I don't like WP's keyboard either. I got used to sliding on Android, and now I can't stand any keyboard that doesn't. Android has lots of 3rd party keyboards, but even the stock Android keyboard now has that feature.

The main reason I like iOS7 is because of the quick settings/toggles similar to Androids. As you can see in my signature, I use Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone. I get tired of endless tap tap tap tapping on iPhone & WP just to do simple things like turning WiFi on or off.

I just hope at&t doesn't do this for gdr3 and blue. Microsoft said all phones would be updated simultaneously and OTA what ever happened to that?

Ps. Since Microsoft bought Nokia, doesn't that mean all Nokias , at least would be updated on a date they set up?

The actual iOS7 update process was another story. I hope Microsoft doesn't ever flip the switch for all devices at once. After experiencing lots of errors and then a very slow download when it did go through, I've come to appreciate staged rollouts. Although, at the moment there are a lot less WP devices out there, so I suppose the traffic wouldn't be nearly as heavy.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I helped my mom out updating her phone today, and dear god it is just hideous. It's way worse than the pictures made it look.

John Doe40

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft can certainly do the same for Nokia as Apple does with iPhones (they force the carriers to provide the iOS updates on certain day) and they probably will, just not yet - remember, Microsoft is always being slow with everything ;-) Perhaps the new CEO will speed the whole thing up.

I'm still not sure why everyone's saying it's a copy of WP
I also have no idea why people think that... Probably because they have never experienced better things in their lives ;-) It just looks like one of the 1000's of various icon themes on Android phones, only difference is on Android you don't have to use these "flat", poorly visible (due to poor contrast) icons if you don't like them whereas with Apple you are being forced to use these ;-)

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
As you can see in my signature, I use Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone. I get tired of endless tap tap tap tapping on iPhone & WP just to do simple things like turning WiFi on or off.

How do you jump from phone to phone with a nanoSIM?

-Rich

SpeedyDarklight

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed iOS7 on my iPhone 5 this afternoon, and I actually like it. I'm still not sure why everyone's saying it's a copy of WP. The only resemblance I see is the flat design. I agree with you on the keyboard; I always did hate it. What is the reasoning behind always showing the letters in caps? But, you will take me less seriously when I say that I don't like WP's keyboard either. I got used to sliding on Android, and now I can't stand any keyboard that doesn't. Android has lots of 3rd party keyboards, but even the stock Android keyboard now has that feature.

The main reason I like iOS7 is because of the quick settings/toggles similar to Androids. As you can see in my signature, I use Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone. I get tired of endless tap tap tap tapping on iPhone & WP just to do simple things like turning WiFi on or off.

The actual iOS7 update process was another story. I hope Microsoft doesn't ever flip the switch for all devices at once. After experiencing lots of errors and then a very slow download when it did go through, I've come to appreciate staged rollouts. Although, at the moment there are a lot less WP devices out there, so I suppose the traffic wouldn't be nearly as heavy.

There wouldn't be a problem with rollouts if two things actually happen
1. We get set dates
2. We actually get the update

As far at&t goes they're taking their sweet time taking out an update that should've come out yesterday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans