Lumia 925 losing WiFi password every night

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same thing when I first got the 925 but now is fine. Read someone else who also said the problem went away after one or two charges. Will keep an eye on it though.

George Leiner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I activated my Lumia 925 two days ago, 31.May 2014, and today, 2.June it continues to lose the password to my home WiFi. I do not know if it is relevant, but I do have the name of my network hidden. However, the Lumia has no trouble finding the network name, just remembering the password. Does anyone have world of an official explanation/fix? Thanks, GHL

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your router set to pick a channel automatically, or do you use a static channel for your network?

I had my router set to 'automatic' and I had issues with disconnection. When I changed to channel to 10, the disconnection issues stopped.

My SSID is not hidden, but I do use WPA2 security.

trooters

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Two possible ways to resolve:

1. On the phone, goto Settings->WiFi while connected to the access point. Press and hold on the network in the list and then "Edit".. There should be a setting to 'automatically connect' in the subsequent menu. if it is unchecked, check it and save.

2. If you also log in using the same Microsoft Account on a Windows 8 PC the settings will indeed sync back and forth. If you ever manually disconnect from the WiFi network on the PC on Win8, it will uncheck the setting and sync it back to the phone. When I connect to the WiFi network on my Win8 PC, I have to be sure to check the 'Connect automatically' setting so as to not mess up the phone settings.

Good luck.

trooters

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I do not know if it is relevant, but I do have the name of my network hidden. However, the Lumia has no trouble finding the network name, just remembering the password. Does anyone have world of an official explanation/fix? Thanks, GHL

The hidden network is indeed relevant because WinPhone 8 defaults hidden networks to never connect automatically. This is due to battery drainage. Hidden Networks absolutely kill battery life if the device is constantly searching for them. You can set the phone to connect automatically to this hidden network, but you will see reduction in your battery life.

My best advice is to *not* have a hidden network. Hidden networks provide a false sense of security, which in most cases is worst than no security.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6