Lumia 1020 in Brazil

RaphaelChaia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 price in Brazil leaked out today: it will cost R$ 2799,00 (something about US$ 1200,00 off contract). Im considering buying one from AT&T, off contract (US$ 609). My only question is: even if I get to unlock the device, will it work in Brazil? I know that the 4G band is not compatible, but will I be able to make calls, connect via 3G, and use all my carriers services? If anyone from Brazil bought a 1020, can you please share your experience with me? Thanks in advance! :smile:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 price in Brazil leaked out today: it will cost R$ 2799,00 (something about US$ 1200,00 off contract). Im considering buying one from AT&T, off contract (US$ 609). My only question is: even if I get to unlock the device, will it work in Brazil? I know that the 4G band is not compatible, but will I be able to make calls, connect via 3G, and use all my carriers services? If anyone from Brazil bought a 1020, can you please share your experience with me? Thanks in advance! :smile:
It depends on which bands your carrier supports, and if the phone is unlocked. As far as I know, the 1020 is pentaband, so that saves you some options.

By the way, good luck with importing it.

RaphaelChaia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Im not going to import it, I'll be in Orlando in about 10 days, so Im planning to get one there in person. I heard from one person that the 1020 will work here, except for the 4G. I just need a confirmation for this info. Thanks anyway for the help so far :)

Thiago Alexandre

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Im not going to import it, I'll be in Orlando in about 10 days, so Im planning to get one there in person. I heard from one person that the 1020 will work here, except for the 4G. I just need a confirmation for this info. Thanks anyway for the help so far :)

I am looking to buy in the U.S. too, will be worth losing the warranty? the aparleho there costs about $ 700 without a contract?

Cynthia Vital

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My dad recently bought me a lumia 1020 from NZ and I'm in Brazil, works perfectly. I struggled at first, but now I got the hang of it. Totally recommend!:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium