ICON Roll Call

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this as soon as its available. I was planning on getting the 1520, but with this being a little smaller it is going to be perfect.

Also where's tcman. Been? I'm sure he could shed some light on the subject

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Who already has it? The phone hasn't even been announced.

Whoever leaked the picture of this white NL929 either has it or has access to it. Nokia Lumia 929 render leaks, matches earlier photo for Verizon
Not to mention the fact that numerous pictures of the 1520 have already been leaked by people who have it. That also has not been announced and is rumored to release on AT&T around the same time that the NL929 is on VZW.

I'm getting this as soon as its available. I was planning on getting the 1520, but with this being a little smaller it is going to be perfect.

Also where's tcman. Been? I'm sure he could shed some light on the subject

Tc has shed some light in comments on WPC articles. You can fish through them if you want. What he's told us is that 1.) the NL929 will be released on VZW in October/November. 2.) It'll be less than 5 inches.

Hopefully he'll tell us more soon.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I must have missed his comments.
Too bad this isn't coming in red like the 2520. I cannot wait for this phone!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's quite surprising that the Verizon model will be so different to the global big seller. As it will be size wise totally different to Lumia 1520, I wonder how horrible will the accessory support be from Nokia and 3rd parties.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
929.jpg

It's incredibly boring looking, but I'll probably get it anyway!

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
im interested in seeing what size battery they put in here if it a noticeable improvement over the 928 i will get it depending on the price

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
920 has been the first smartphone I have had in a long time that hasn't felt like it has slowed down over time. Bought it day one and it still performs like a champ. I would have to see major speed improvements and several major exclusive features to jump from it. That said, this will probably be the first WP for a lot of WP virgins.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Two Verizon logos? One is already too much!!!

Please make this phone between 5.3 inches to 6 inches, Verizon.

Why are you asking Verizon for it? Nokia makes the phone, not Verizon. Verizon can ask for some features but in the end Is Nokia deciding what and what not they include.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
http://www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/929.jpg

It's incredibly boring looking, but I'll probably get it anyway!

I don't think it's that boring looking. It looks like a slightly more rounded form of the 928. And just a reminder, the 928 looked pretty boring in the release pictures, but by most accounts, was absolutely stunning in person. So consider the fact that these press pictures typically don't do justice to the true device.

Another thing that I've been thinking about is the white leak. The white in that picture does not look very glossy. Is it possible that it's a matte white? That would be a first for Nokia Lumia's as far as I know...

NL929_Verizon.png

Also, check out the difference in the color of the Verizon logos from white 928 to the white 929. The white 929 has a much more faded grey colored logo, as would be typical for a matte material as opposed to glossy. Here's the white 928 for reference.

nokia-lumia-928.jpg

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Whoever leaked the picture of this white NL929 either has it or has access to it. Nokia Lumia 929 render leaks, matches earlier photo for Verizon
Not to mention the fact that numerous pictures of the 1520 have already been leaked by people who have it. That also has not been announced and is rumored to release on AT&T around the same time that the NL929 is on VZW.

Tc has shed some light in comments on WPC articles. You can fish through them if you want. What he's told us is that 1.) the NL929 will be released on VZW in October/November. 2.) It'll be less than 5 inches.

Hopefully he'll tell us more soon.

Having access is different than having something.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Having access is different than having something.

1.) I guarantee you that there are people out there who are testing and are currently in possession of this phone. They likely will not post - but they're there.
2.) This thread will be up even after the phone is released.
3.) Get over it.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Two Verizon logos? One is already too much!!!

Why are you asking Verizon for it? Nokia makes the phone, not Verizon. Verizon can ask for some features but in the end Is Nokia deciding what and what not they include.

that's not really true for the American carriers. Apple pulled it off (though only one carrier here for years) and Samsung has slowly gotten to a position to do so.

Nokia can offer prototypes, or Verizon can request something, but in the end VZW gets what they want.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have a 928 and really don't want a bigger phone. However, if they can squeeze a 4.8 screen into a case that is almost the same size as the 928, I would get it. It looks like in the photo, they tightened up the top and maybe even the bottom, above and below the screen.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A 5" WP8 would be better for me then the 6" rumored to be patrolling AT&T soon, so this has my attention. I really liked the 4.7" size of the T2, so stepping back down to 4.3" on the L900 is a little more of an adjustment then I thought it would be.

I expect a little more "conservative" styles from Verizon. They seem to be serious in putting out devices that are non-offensive.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
that's not really true for the American carriers. Apple pulled it off (though only one carrier here for years) and Samsung has slowly gotten to a position to do so.

Nokia can offer prototypes, or Verizon can request something, but in the end VZW gets what they want.

Oh, so true.... usually to our loss. That is why the Trophy was it on Verizon for so long and Sprint has had next to nothing for WP until a month ago: Carriers put their foot down and say this is what we want. Unless you are made by Apple or have the nickname Galaxy in your name, that is what happens.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Well, if that is actually true in the US, than it has to stop! Soon!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
A 5" WP8 would be better for me then the 6" rumored to be patrolling AT&T soon, so this has my attention. I really liked the 4.7" size of the T2, so stepping back down to 4.3" on the L900 is a little more of an adjustment then I thought it would be.

I expect a little more "conservative" styles from Verizon. They seem to be serious in putting out devices that are non-offensive.

What about a 5.3", snowmutt? Is that good enough for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb