ICON Roll Call

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha rumors, rumors. If that happens you can always take t mobile's deal and switch. The 929 looks like it should be functional for a while to me. I am unconcerned about the 1820 and just hoping the icon/929 actually materializes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Amazing that everyone is hanging on rumors of this device when most other manufacturers are simply putting out yearly upgrades of their flagship models in a logical and timely manner which allows for maximum "flow" from one generation to the next. The S5 is official in March already and... On schedule... You'll have a new iPhone in June... On schedule.... Why the complete marketing fumble for Nokia? Has it always been this way? This is my first Windows Phone so I have no clue. But it shouldn't be this hard.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Amazing that everyone is hanging on rumors of this device when most other manufacturers are simply putting out yearly upgrades of their flagship models in a logical and timely manner which allows for maximum "flow" from one generation to the next. The S5 is official in March already and... On schedule... You'll have a new iPhone in June... On schedule.... Why the complete marketing fumble for Nokia? Has it always been this way? This is my first Windows Phone so I have no clue. But it shouldn't be this hard.

This isn't all Nokia, it's mainly Verizon. Of course if Nokia had more market share they could force Verizon to get off their *** like Samsung and Apple do.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting it. Probably going to wait for reviews first, but given how much I like the 928, it's a no brainer for me.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I hope Rubino speaks to that soon. My bet is that there was at some point a plan to launch on the 16th. And it was just internally delayed... Again.

Wpc is still a very reliable source.

*sigh* so many delays... Well in the end, let's hope these delays were worth it. xD And yes, WPC is VERY VERY reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It looks like folks you'll have to wait until April/May for new WP line up. It looks like VZ to release an 8inch tablet, insanely powerful phone (or another tablet and it is categorized as a phone by mistake) and a buffed up device similar to 929. I highly doubt it that Verizon will release two very similar devices in a two months window. 929 still show up as “delayed indefinitely”.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
It looks like folks you'll have to wait until April/May for new WP line up. It looks like VZ to release an 8inch tablet, insanely powerful phone (or another tablet and it is categorized as a phone by mistake) and a buffed up device similar to 929. I highly doubt it that Verizon will release two very similar devices in a two months window. 929 still show up as ?delayed indefinitely?.

I shall STILL not lose hope!! xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It looks like folks you'll have to wait until April/May for new WP line up. It looks like VZ to release an 8inch tablet, insanely powerful phone (or another tablet and it is categorized as a phone by mistake) and a buffed up device similar to 929. I highly doubt it that Verizon will release two very similar devices in a two months window. 929 still show up as ?delayed indefinitely?.

I would still find that hard to believe when I've seen the Icon accessories in one of the Verizon corporate stores, and heard about them being shipped to Microsoft stores as well. Verizon will lose money on accessories sales and inventory if they wait that long!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It looks like folks you'll have to wait until April/May for new WP line up. It looks like VZ to release an 8inch tablet, insanely powerful phone (or another tablet and it is categorized as a phone by mistake) and a buffed up device similar to 929. I highly doubt it that Verizon will release two very similar devices in a two months window. 929 still show up as “delayed indefinitely”.

Tcman88, I'm sure you understand how ridiculous this news sounds. We've heard nothing about any of these devices you just mentioned, and Verizon is notorious for a late arrival to the party. How can we be thinking that they're going to release wp8.1 devices in April/May?

Also, could you share perspectives with losbroadway who is a store manager somewhere. He just posted that he got marketing material that led him to believe it was going to be a 2-6-2014 release for the Lumia Icon... http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-929-lumia-icon/248854-12.htm

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

TC, any info on this buffed up device similar to the 929? I think the rumor of the Lumia 1820 described it as similar to the 928 and 929. And if the rumors have any truth in them, the 1820 is to be a sweet device.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tcman88, I'm sure you understand how ridiculous this news sounds. We've heard nothing about any of these devices you just mentioned, and Verizon is notorious for a late arrival to the party. How can we be thinking that they're going to release wp8.1 devices in April/May?

Also, could you share perspectives with losbroadway who is a store manager somewhere. He just posted that he got marketing material that led him to believe it was going to be a 2-6-2014 release for the Lumia Icon... http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-929-lumia-icon/248854-12.htm

The minimum window is usually about 2 weeks so 02/6 is plausible, in fact any Thursday is a go. I have not seen any promotional materials for the device that have been sent out to stores. Plus Verizon usually does not send any promotional materials until it announces the phone, at least internally. Verizon has been working since June with Nokia/Microsoft to bring new devices. Also there isn't a huge demand for WP devices for Verizon to go ATT style. I mean in consumers eyes 920, 925, 1020 are same exact phones. Verizon had HTC 8X and 822 at lunch, 6 month after 928 and 2050 in November. Droid Bionic was announced officially and it was delayed months. Any accessory made is license through the manufacturer and not the service provider. That's why most cases come out a few days + after the official lunch date.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

There are rumors from an unknown source regarding two new devices from Nokia that are high end. One of the devices, the 1820, was described as the same shape as the 928 and 929. The other device was described as an 8 inch tablet. MWC is right around the corner, so might hear more about those 2 devices then.

Rumor: Nokia to unveil 8-inch Lumia 2020 Tab & its next flagship Lumia 1820 during MWC 2014. | NPU

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
TC, any info on this buffed up device similar to the 929? I think the rumor of the Lumia 1820 described it as similar to the 928 and 929. And if the rumors have any truth in them, the 1820 is to be a sweet device.

3GB of ram 2.3 GHz , 64GB of internal storage, and a 55Mp isp (Im not sure what that is) but usually the final specs are modified.

Last edited:

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
3GB of ram 2.3 GHz , 64GB of internal storage, and a 55Mp isp (Im not sure what that is) but usually the final specs are usually modified.

That sounds like the rumored specs of the alleged 1820. Maybe there is some truth to the leak of the 1820.

quad core
2k display
3400mAH battery
high end MP lytro-camera with Xenon flash
32GB of internal memory with SD slot

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
3GB of ram 2.3 GHz , 64GB of internal storage, and a 55Mp isp (Im not sure what that is) but usually the final specs are usually modified.

Sweet Mother of....

I would be upgrading from my 928 to *THAT* in a heartbeat!

(full retail no less)
(probably doesn't have FM Radio)
(or a screen)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers