Robert Scoble, an iPhone fan also shows off better 1020 photos tna the brand new iPhone 5s.

nilchak

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, he really hates Windows Phone, doesn't he. And his Flickr comparison shots show the 1020 winning easily, even though he seems to think otherwise.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
That damn auto mode with xenon flash looks bad. Besides the yellow, the 1020 images look better with the larger viewing angle and not one shot was blurry unlike the iPhone.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
That damn auto mode with xenon flash looks bad. Besides the yellow, the 1020 images look better with the larger viewing angle and not one shot was blurry unlike the iPhone.

ya, white balance is a huge issue in those photos. But that's easier to fix then low light or blurry photos.

I still think Nokia needs to work on some of their software for their cameras. It's not consistent.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
There is no comparison between the Lumia's camera and any other phone. Its better than any point and shoot I have ever used. Now all WP8 has to do is polish up its ecosystem and we will have a true winner. Until the day comes that I can download a movie onto my WP8, I will give the win to apple.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't look at the original source, but are they both taken on auto? For the average smartphone user, the auto settings is all that matters for events like this in which you don't have lots of time to fiddle with settings.

That said, of course the 1020 has a better camera!

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Its Funny as Apple Never cared so much for their camera, just emphasizing on the megapixel count (5mp vs 8 mp) or adding panorama.
But this year they where talking more about camera. Sensors and More pixels does'nt meant better picture theory , heck they stole this from HTC.

I like the way Nokia and HTC made them switch to do better cameras and focus more on them.

But King is Still the King a.k.a NOKIA best in class smartphone cameras :winktongue:

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It was hilarious to read Apple fans comment from that facebook link. They just blindly tell how 5s camera is superior. If you look those flicker photos from your phone you may come to that conclusion how iPhone is better, since high PPI hides all errors from photo besides colours, which look better on iPhone, mainly skin tone. iPhone pics are all blurry all over except outdoor photos, but on those too 1020 triumphs to victory.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm more impressed with the fact that the iPhone 5S held up so well against a phone with a camera sensor 3 times as big and a xenon flash. And the fact that each picture on the iPhone 5S doesn't take 5-10 seconds to capture certainly helps in parties.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm more impressed with the fact that the iPhone 5S held up so well against a phone with a camera sensor 3 times as big and a xenon flash. And the fact that each picture on the iPhone 5S doesn't take 5-10 seconds to capture certainly helps in parties.
Just a measure of how advanced camera technology has come in five years. You can't really tell the differences on such a small screen.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

a great wedding shoot.

You can clearly see the 1020 has a lot clearer pictures (exception the yellow background one what happened there :winktongue:) lol

The iphone 5s still is no slouch and maybe just maybe after the nokia 1020 could be a winner against other rival phones. We need more shootouts.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
yeh well noticed that the skin complexions do really stand out with the Nokia 1020!

lol I don't know about jersey shore tans not native i guess :winktongue:

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I have been reading the iphone 5s does better then the iphone 5 in low light but sufferes from not having OIS. Some reviewers have stated its hard to get a clear picture in low light with the 5s. This is probably the reason why the 1020 is better then the 5s .

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This Scoble guy just comes across like a giant vag1na. Apologies to any other vaginas out there...just calling it as I see it.

Not only is he a giant vag1na, he is also a giant blind vag1na.

Vag1na!

[/vag1na-mode]

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, don't be too hard on them. Its there way of justifying the $800 they had to lay down while still paying for there old phone on sub.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an iPhone fan, but 41mp is overkill when compared to the 8mp of the L925. Is it that much better. No, i don't think so.

I don't think you understand the point of those 41mp. They are there to catch more detail. You get lossless zoom. I've played with the 1020 compared to my 920, and its amazing the much better quality you get even zooming in.

Its not overkill, its a tool used to get specific results. If it just produced 41mp photos with no other benefit, than yes it would just be overkill. But they did so much more than that with the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05