Digitizer not working...

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My Lumia 820 Digitizer screen broke about 2 weeks ago. I purchased and replaced the digitizer, but it will not work. Do I have to do anything special to get the new digitizer working? I have triple checked the two connections, lcd and digitizer and they are fine. Do I need to reset the device for the new digitizer to work?

Any help is appreciated.

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Ooh well. I've already invested time and money on it and it's still not working. I'm out of ideas and from the lack of responses to this thread it looks like it's as good as dead! I'll keep my trusted Samsung Focus! It's doesn't have WP8, but it works! My Nokia's first experience was not as I expected so I will definitively not go back to that brand. Hopefully Microsoft has better quality hardware.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have replaced many 820 digitizers. But buyer beware, almost all the digitizers on sale on ebay are cheap fakes! I know because I've been burned by a few of them!

Check out this thread for some information on the fake digitizers vs the real ones. The thread is about the Lumia 920, but my posts in there are specific to the 820.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-cracked-but-touch-works-fine-diy-repair.html

I just received my latest batch of digitizers for the 820. Looks like these ones are genuine! I bought them from an ebay seller from Spain, eprom2020. So if you want to try again, then give that seller a try. Installed my first one from this guy and it works great, surface has the oleophobic coating and it looks like it has the clearblack layer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos