The Specifications for the Nokia Lumia ICON

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If AT&T had the equivalent of the 929, I'd seriously reconsider jumping. Why would you focus WP8 sales on a 7 month old phone? It's freaking Christmas time. The 929 would likely be a big hit.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, this is unfortunate. Although I am really excited to see what Microsoft and Nokia come up with together next year, I also need a device to hold me over. My iPhone 4S is reliable for apps, but the battery is small, the screen is small, and I've grown very tired of iOS 7.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a good site to buy a Lumia 928 off contract to hold me over just for a little while? Looking for a great device to take on vacation this New Years for pictures.
And I'd also like to know if you guys think that whatever the 928 costs off contract from eBay or something is worth the ~$200 price tag (or whatever other prices are out there) to use as a temp phone. Or if I should just hold onto my iPhone regardless until the 929 or some kind of Nokia phone comes to Verizon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, this is unfortunate. Although I am really excited to see what Microsoft and Nokia come up with together next year, I also need a device to hold me over. My iPhone 4S is reliable for apps, but the battery is small, the screen is small, and I've grown very tired of iOS 7.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a good site to buy a Lumia 928 off contract to hold me over just for a little while? Looking for a great device to take on vacation this New Years for pictures.
And I'd also like to know if you guys think that whatever the 928 costs off contract from eBay or something is worth the ~$200 price tag (or whatever other prices are out there) to use as a temp phone. Or if I should just hold onto my iPhone regardless until the 929 or some kind of Nokia phone comes to Verizon?

I picked up two phones to tide me over. I bought a used 822 for $75 on Ebay. It's in really really good shape. I think I got a good deal on it, i'm sure there are others out there. I also just yesterday somehow bought a refurbished HTC 8x on Ebay for just $100. It's a red one too. So i'll let you know how that is when it gets here. But there are definitely deals out there, although these phones did come out a year ago. I just hope Verizon releases some sort of top end phone soon.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a brand new one unlocked on eBay is the fact that I don't know how long I'll have it for. If I knew there wouldn't be any Verizon Nokia Lumia (high end) phones coming for a while, this would be a very easy decision. But with so many rumors and knowing there IS a Lumia 929 for Verizon that just hasn't been announced, this makes the decision more difficult. I don't want to spent a lot of money and get a device for $200 that I will only have for a month. Especially around the holidays, my bank account hates me haha. But if I can find a good enough deal, I'd probably get it and feel satisfied enough.

The Lumia 822 is great, and the 8X is nice, but I'm definitely looking for a high end lumia (928) at this point. I considered the 822 and 8X, but just aren't for me. I like the build of the 8X, but the camera needs to be top notch (on Verizon), because that's what is most important for my upcoming trip.

Bleh! Decisions! Or maybe I'm just making this more difficult than it needs to be, and I should just hold onto my iPhone until Verizon decides to release a Windows Phone device again. It's just the unknown of how long that wait will be worries me. Especially after they decided to avoid a new WP device for the holidays altogether (from what we can tell). Who knows how long they would not mind going without a new WP.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
same here. picked up a 928 on ebay for $90 with a slight crack in the screen. nothing I can't live with for a couple months.

they had one for $60 with a bug where the screen turned off when on the phone.

thought about the 822, esp given the external storage, but the OIS on the 928 was too tempting. gets here Wednesday. for some dumb reason VZW won't give me a microSIM until I have the phone in hand.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is baffling. The management subverts their own ability to make more $$$$.. The 929 is a flagship product, that would sell millions, this is the clear #3 mobile os, with millions of users....users who at Christmas time have wallets full of cash to spend... This is a matter of..put it out on the market, and rake in the cash...but they would rather not make that cash. This is an odd business strategy to say the least..

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Back in October, I hedged my bets against the 929 coming out anytime soon and grab a near mint 928 off of ebay for $220 to replace my aging iPhone 4s. I'm definitely not regretting that decision... I would definitely grab a used one off of eBay or swappa with the news that the 929 isn't looking likely to come out.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Back in October, I hedged my bets against the 929 coming out anytime soon and grab a near mint 928 off of ebay for $220 to replace my aging iPhone 4s. I'm definitely not regretting that decision... I would definitely grab a used one off of eBay or swappa with the news that the 929 isn't looking likely to come out.

$220 would have been great for me back in October if I knew this would happen. But now I've lost 2 months. So if I buy one now at that price, it may be a less worthwhile investment if a 929 or something like it ends up coming in the coming months.

With holiday spending and a trip I just booked for 3 weeks in Europe, my bank account would hate me if I splurged on a phone to use temporarily. That is, if a device actually comes to Verizon soon. If nothing happens for another year, then it's absolutely worth it. Ugh! Decisions.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
$220 would have been great for me back in October if I knew this would happen. But now I've lost 2 months. So if I buy one now at that price, it may be a less worthwhile investment if a 929 or something like it ends up coming in the coming months.

With holiday spending and a trip I just booked for 3 weeks in Europe, my bank account would hate me if I splurged on a phone to use temporarily. That is, if a device actually comes to Verizon soon. If nothing happens for another year, then it's absolutely worth it. Ugh! Decisions.

I'm sure you can get a more used one for less if you watch ebay.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I picked up two phones to tide me over. I bought a used 822 for $75 on Ebay. It's in really really good shape. I think I got a good deal on it, i'm sure there are others out there. I also just yesterday somehow bought a refurbished HTC 8x on Ebay for just $100. It's a red one too. So i'll let you know how that is when it gets here. But there are definitely deals out there, although these phones did come out a year ago. I just hope Verizon releases some sort of top end phone soon.

I'm curious on your thoughts regarding the HTC 8x's shade of red. I purchased one almost a year ago (admittedly online and sight unseen) and was so excited to get a red phone. However, when I received mine it looked more burnt orange than red so I took it back and got black. I was sooo disappointed. That said, it's a great (not perfect) device. I think you'll enjoy it.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious on your thoughts regarding the HTC 8x's shade of red. I purchased one almost a year ago (admittedly online and sight unseen) and was so excited to get a red phone. However, when I received mine it looked more burnt orange than red so I took it back and got black. I was sooo disappointed. That said, it's a great (not perfect) device. I think you'll enjoy it.

I'll let you know when I get it in later this week. I'll more than likely end up just flipping it and selling it on ebay for a few bucks more. Honestly, I really am digging my Nokia Lumia 822. And I don't think the red htc 8x is professional enough for me to rock around the office & with clients.

Of course, I'd be very tempted to pick up a red NL929 if it were to ever come out ;)

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it pertains to the specs. I can see where three of the microphones are, two on the back and one low on the front where you would talk into during a phone call. However I can't seem to find the fourth mic, assuming it's on the front. I looked online and couldn't find anything. I tested around with the bing music recognizing function and it appears to be next to or around the ear speaker. Is this the case? Just wanted to make sure because I like to know everything about the devices I own. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven