3D printed Dt-900 Wireless charging night stand!

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Some of you may know me from my 3D printed 920 and 8x phone cases, but I have news of an exciting product I will be releasing soon!

I recently got a Lumia 925 with the wireless back plate, and I love it! I got the DT-900 charger, and found 1 big flaw. When using it as an alarm, its hard to read the screen and hit snooze in the morning since its laying flat! So I decided to fix this little problem! Introducing the DT-900 night stand!

d900_02.jpgd900_04.jpg

Now let me point out a few nice features.

#1, Its got a hollow channel for rearward and downward firing speakers like on the 8x, 920, and 925 to help amplify and redirect sound towards you. It works rather well, and will boost sound volume about 20%. Helps wake you up in the morning!

#2, its got a universal base that will work on almost any phone with wireless charging.

#3, Wire organization clips to keep the wire from getting tangled.

#4, stability foot pads that will accept standard 1/2 rubber feet you can buy at Home Depot for $3. Keeps your phone from sliding around.

#5, the sound channel also helps shield the bright light. You can see the light, but it wont blind you or light up the room at night (my wife HATED this little white light).

These will all be available soon in 6 colors! I still have a little bit of testing to do, but I hope to have it on sale in about 2-3 weeks from now. Target price is $30-$35

Here is a preview of the 6 color options that will be available. DT-900 charger NOT INCLUDED.

d900_03.jpg

I would love some feedback from the community!

Kevin

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The attention to little details is great. Very nice work.

Would consider picking one up depending on how much shipping would cost.

Just a question - how is the balance of the entire setup once the actual phone is also placed on the stand?

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The balance is amazing. The first prototype had really bad balance in that if you tapped on the phone high, it would fall backwards. The new prototype is solid and will take taps on the screen up high easy. If you tap hard, it will slide back, not fall back. Balance was really difficult considering all the weight is up high. With the addition of the rubber feet, it should be really solid.

Shipping will be $6.50 in the Us

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Would love something like this for my DT-900, great looking design and well thought out.

The only downside is that I think shipping to the UK could be costly.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Amber yet, AT&T.
Thought I read that the three button lights are on when you have the clock displayed. If so, maybe a slot on the bottom to cover the lights.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The lights are not on while charging for my Lumia 925. Putting a shield down there would limit what phones would go into the holder. I could make a specific 920 version if the lights do stay on though.

As for shipping, Shapeways charges a flat rate of $10 into the EU. There are other services I could used that are based in the EU that could have better shipping rates. Its something I will look into, but would need someone to help me test it thats located in the EU. Anyone willing to beta test for me? Ill give them a discount.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I love the idea but I see one problem, with the price of the charging plate and your stand, one can buy the charging stand itself

Many people got there charging plate for free, or at a steep discount. I myself got the plate for $25, plus $35 for the stand is $60. The Nokia charging stand (with NFC) is going anywhere between 70-90$!!! If you already have a DT-900, this stand can save you a LOT of money, and even if you buy a charging plate with it, it can still save you money.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
the design looks great, the issue I've had in the past is that the move slightly moves when on the plate and it stops charging (mostly at night), seems like the stand will make sure that the phone is in the correct position for it to be charging.

doraemon_918

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The stand looks great! But I just wonder if you can make the two sides of the stand longer, so that the phone is sure to stay in place? Just my 2 cents ^_^

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got the shipping notification! The print will arrive Oct 10th! I will shoot some photo's and video to show everyone what it looks like and how it works and hopefully post it on the 11th. Stay tuned!

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Its back from the printers, and its flawless! I will be making a video about it and post it on YT this weekend for those that would like more information about it. Hopefully it will be up for sale this weekend! Here are some photo's of it sitting on my desk. I really love how nice it looks.

d900_05.jpg

d900_06.jpg

d900_07.jpg

d900_08.jpg

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
looks lovely, am about to pick up a dt-900 for my new 920, and this looks like a nice add on too for bedside clock duties....do you have any plans to be able ship to the UK when they go on sale?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss