Nokia Releases Indian Lumia 520 with new Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokkenath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Today Nokia has released Amber update for Lumia 520 in India. To my surprise the version number of lumia 520 is same as that of lumia 620 :shocked:, which means "NO FM RADIO" and NO COOL stuffs. This is unfair by Nokia India cuz Lumia 520 has the largest market share in India compared to other lumia phone. No love from NOKIA India for Lumia 520 users.

I have updated my phone and found NO FM RADIO :crying:
I have attached the screenshots.

@WPCENTRAL ... please make a article regarding this and make NOKIA Global to take step.

lumia.jpgwp_ss_20130924_0004.pngwp_ss_20130924_0005.pngwp_ss_20130924_0003.png

Thanks ,

Last edited:

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you have Amber update yet. The firmware version does not match. If you are a little daring download Nokia Software Updater for Retail and check the version update whether if it's available yet.

Aravind Mohanadoss

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Cheats Indian Lumia 520 user with new Amber update

Hi... It seems, the amber update is not properly installed. Lumia 520 is having fm radio, data sense, call + sms block, flip to silence and a few more features in its amber update.
I updated mine today morning and got everything working...

nilgdc

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

is it????
Then what are the changes....
the thing, so called UPDATE, we waited so long is waste then!!!
NO FM???

nilgdc

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone got Amber update notification in india yet????

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I am talking about L520 not L820

I know. But the update process is same in NSU. When I did it Amber update was not released for my phone. However it was available via NSU. Similarly, even if you don't have Amber update via OTA, you should be able to update to Amber in NSU. If you aren't willing to do that, then you have to wait for Amber to go OTA for your phone.

gokkenath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I did updated it throug OTA ( over the air)... if u guys are right, please help me how to do...:cry:

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site

I did updated it throug OTA ( over the air)... if u guys are right, please help me how to do...:cry:

I know you updated through OTA. But that is not the Amber update. Wait for some time it will go live. After all the update roll out process is gradual. Means it will take time to be available on all phones...

gokkenath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

But its mentioned as available in Lumia Amber Update page from Nokia..
Ok i will wait...
But can you please tell me that what i have updated today morning..? cuz FM radio and Data sense is GDR2 features and not Amber .. and my phone is already GDR2
:(

gokkenath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Kishore.. I will try it if i dont get it by EOD .. thanks ffor your help kishore

gokkenath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I know you updated through OTA. But that is not the Amber update. Wait for some time it will go live. After all the update roll out process is gradual. Means it will take time to be available on all phones...

But its mentioned as available in Lumia Amber Update page from Nokia..
But can you please tell me that what i have updated today morning..? cuz FM radio and Data sense is GDR2 features and not Amber .. and my phone is already GDR2 as its mentioned in the OS version
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon