Sharpness in Landscape shots

Sascha Hoppe1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I've taken a lot of pictures recently with my 1020 and due to actual weather, a lot of them were under sub-optimal conditions, which is good for testing the camera.
I noticed that my camera seems to have problems with landscape shots. I understand that in a landscape shot, everything should be sharp, because the lens will be wide open.
Check out this photo in auto mode and auto focus. Only some leafs in the front of the tree are sharp, on the left side everything looks blurry.
What am I doing wrong here?

WP_20130922_17_06_02_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi sascha, the picture you have shared is set to private, if you upload it to the forums or set it to public then we can help you more.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
just wondering, who said that images look sharper on landscape mode? i think sharpness is irrelevant here, or am i wrong?
Four-Thirds-image-circle-16_9.png

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I've taken a lot of pictures recently with my 1020 and due to actual weather, a lot of them were under sub-optimal conditions, which is good for testing the camera.
I noticed that my camera seems to have problems with landscape shots. I understand that in a landscape shot, everything should be sharp, because the lens will be wide open.
Check out this photo in auto mode and auto focus. Only some leafs in the front of the tree are sharp, on the left side everything looks blurry.
What am I doing wrong here?

I'm not sure how far away you were from that front tree, but is it possible you had the camera focus on it and not infinity? As others have mentioned, with an f 2.2 lens, this camera has a fairly narrow depth of field.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Click my signature and it should take you to a guide that will explain a lot of the questions you have. The quick and easy answer, though, is that you can set the focus manually to infinity through Nokia Pro Camera or an equivalent app and you'll get everything in focus in the image. Or at least as in focus as you can for a fixed aperture lens like the ones on all phone cameras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12