From L920 to L1020

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all Nokianians!!!

I'm a L920 user and really happy with my phone.
The thing is i'm used to switch (max) every 6 months and i'm wondering if L920 to L1020 is the right choice.
I used gsmarena to make some compares and basicly the diff is ISP to AMOLED, 1Gb RAM to 2Gb RAM and CAM Shooter.

Is it a good choice to upgrade for 1020?

I would prefer users that have been in this position and made this upgrade to tell me if it really worth!!!!

Thanks

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a Lumia 920 to a yellow Lumia 1020 and I can say it was the best move I have done, but then again I love to take pictures and leave my camera at home so I don`t need to lug around two devices.

Get the 1020 if the following is important to you:

1) Do you take alot of pictures and is the best mobile camera phone right now important to you. Do you like having control over your camera and be able to alter and reframe pictures after withouth scarificing alot of quality in the picture?
2) Do you want something just a little big lighter than your 920 but willing to give up the integrated wireless charging?
3)Do you want to change your screen type from LCD (more natural colors, and better in sunlight and slightly brighter overall) to and AMOLED (much better blacks, and much more vivid colors although not natural)
4) Do you want to feel very unique LOL??

If these points are things you consider to be a viable upgrade then I say go for it! I thought the camera on my 920 was very good but my 1020 surpasses it by a long shot, especially for cropping and zooming into photos.

Hope that helps

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you want the capability to take some of the best pictures on a mobile device?
"Yes" - Lumia 1020
"Doesn't really matter" up to "No" - keep what you have

Do you mind the trade offs?
"Yes" up to "Sort of" - keep what you have
"No" - Lumia 1020

Keep in mind, the phone has the capability to take great photos - doesn't mean you have the skill necessary to do so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro