Hi,

I'm currently using a AT&T lumia 920(so yeah, no amber, no GDR2). Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting the phone to shoot low light image while keeping the brightness closer to reality?

I am kind of tired of the naive camera app always making low light photos look unrealistically bright, and that I am always having trouble shooting sun set photos, since the camera will just compensate the color, and make the orange-red-ish sky look blue, or even white.

Any suggestions welcome!
    09-24-2013 01:30 PM
    With the camera app running, tap the ellipsis ("...") in the lower-right hand corner, tap "photo settings", and change the settings from "auto" to whatever you want them to be.
    Laura Knotek and YingTK like this.
    09-24-2013 01:36 PM
    If you haven't already, check out this thread. If you don't find what you are looking for trying asking your question in that forum for the serious camera users to see and hopefully help you. Good luck.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...Bguide%5D.html
    Muessig, Laura Knotek and YingTK like this.
    09-24-2013 01:36 PM
    With the camera app running, tap the ellipsis ("...") in the lower-right hand corner, tap "photo settings", and change the settings from "auto" to whatever you want them to be.
    Yeah, I've tried different modes, but shooting low light pictures with night mode still brings the picture pretty bright though...
    09-24-2013 01:43 PM
    If you haven't already, check out this thread. If you don't find what you are looking for trying asking your question in that forum for the serious camera users to see and hopefully help you. Good luck.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...Bguide%5D.html
    Thanks! That's a very detailed article!
    Maybe I should rephrase my question: Is there anyway to make the lumia 920 camera take low light picture more realistic without having to adjust several setting? My friend's HTC does better at keeping the original color. However, from what I read, the 920 is supposed to having a better camera?
    09-24-2013 01:46 PM
    Yeah, I've tried different modes, but shooting low light pictures with night mode still brings the picture pretty bright though...
    I took http://i.imgur.com/DcoqxEk.jpg by setting the camera to "night", ISO 600, and mucking with the exposure value... can't remember to what I set that, however. Anyway, just shows that you can take away that brightness if you want.
    YingTK likes this.
    09-24-2013 02:00 PM
    I took http://i.imgur.com/DcoqxEk.jpg by setting the camera to "night", ISO 600, and mucking with the exposure value... can't remember to what I set that, however. Anyway, just shows that you can take away that brightness if you want.
    Thanks! I'm happy as long as I know it is capable of doing it :)
    09-24-2013 02:08 PM
    If your pictures are coming out too bright, DONT use night mode. That does the exact opposite. Either try sports, but that may make it too dark, so try auto with ISO 200. That would probably work the best.
    Laura Knotek and YingTK like this.
    09-24-2013 10:15 PM
    If your pictures are coming out too bright, DONT use night mode. That does the exact opposite. Either try sports, but that may make it too dark, so try auto with ISO 200. That would probably work the best.
    Thanks. I did try sports mode since it looked more real on the screen when I was trying to take pictures of NYC from the empire building at night, but it turns out it was way too dark. I will try adjusting the ISO.
    09-24-2013 10:26 PM