Too silly for words. A conversation with an AT&T rep named Roger.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A few minutes ago, I called AT&T here in Las Vegas and spoke with a support rep named "Roger". I asked him to tell me, "if he knows" WHEN the Amber update would be coming out.

His first question to me, "how long have I had my phone?"

Right there I got worried since what does it matter how long I had it? But I answered, and he put me on hold.

When he came back he said, "should be next week. System, Navigator and some other things are coming out at the same time so you will get all of those updates."

Already I suspect he isn't focused yet.

Then I asked, "The update I'm talking about is the AMBER update for the Nokia Lumia 920."
I said further, "If you don't know, then you don't know, but if you know, when, will the Amber update coming out."

Now I gave him all kinds of opportunity to get out of the question, but Roger put me on hold again. And this time, I laughed at his answer to keep from saying what I really wanted to say.

When he came back, Roger actually said, and I quote, "Ohhhh that update is scheduled to be released on the 31st of this month."

I said "Sir, there is only 30 days in September."

Then rather than giving up he actually said, "..well, when they say September 31st, they actually mean MIDNIGHT on the 30th"

I said, "well would that not be October 1st?"

He stuttered something and that's when I really laughed in his face, told him to have a good day and hung up. smh. I thought I was talking to a rep from Sprint.

Bighouse

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
There are* only 30 days in September. FIFY. Isn't it annoying when someone corrects someone else (30 / 31 days) when it's obvious what the intent of the statement is?

This really doesn't seem that bad. Just someone trying to do his job.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
He probably doesn't have a clue but isn't allowed to say, "I don't have a clue."

a conundrum ;) But, I think the rep may be smarter than we think by saying 31st of this month. The question really is, who is "they"?
Unless MS/Nokia or ATT publish a statement for everybody to read this all means nothing probably.

Mike Joseph

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got this in an email from AT&T.

Michael, your new favorite smartphone is here! Galaxy S3 Mini for $0.99

So I own a 920 and they think I want this? Really?

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia said way back when Amber started rolling out that they planned on having every device update out by the end of September... So seems about right to me.

glidingsideways

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I am not overwhelmed by this update, there are some things I like, But I would like hands on experience before I pass judgement. I am more disappointed by the fact apple releases there new update.. android releases there new update and wahlaa... All my android and apple co workers got there update within days. We have waited well over a month now. Microsoft/nokia is really fighting and uphill battle against the giants in the mobile world. But I am locked in for 17 more months with my 920 so hopefully by the end of this contract I wont want to switch my brand. Apple is out of the question. But Android is... creeping.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There are* only 30 days in September. FIFY. Isn't it annoying when someone corrects someone else (30 / 31 days) when it's obvious what the intent of the statement is?

This really doesn't seem that bad. Just someone trying to do his job.

That you Roger?? lol.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like A&T systems exist in a parallel universe that has 31st in September!!!.. [cue theme from twilight zone..ni ni nee ni ni ni nee ni...]

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You should have asked him "Hey Roger, were you working for Rogers (Canada) and got fired because you gave cheap service and people automatically assumed you were the owner because you share your name with the company?"

He'd be like this I can tell you and hang up on you ;) >>>>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99