059S0T3 Product Code - No Amber updates for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had my 720 replaced some time back and my product code is 059S0T3, which simply means am not receiving any upddate alerts for the amber :(

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Quite unfortunate but sadly true.

When I combine your avatar with what you say I feel you are laughing at my state LOL!!
I had a chat with Nokia rep, helpless tho, have to do a swap, anyone else in the same boat?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Since u say urs is a UK Variant, you could try downloading a UK ROM and flash manually.. Since OTA is no good.. Might as well try that

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Since u say urs is a UK Variant, you could try downloading a UK ROM and flash manually.. Since OTA is no good.. Might as well try that

This product code doesn't exist Gaurav but yeah manually flashing is always an option. Product code doesn't matter much in that case.

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This product code doesn't exist Gaurav.

Combine every reply of yours with your avatar, lol you'll have a hard time laughing :D.

Some of the most comic avatars I've seen here are,

RJ Priest
Darren Walsh/Welsh

Anything they say and you look at their avatar, you'll end up laughing.

makeskmr

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I suspect that your Product Should belongs to southafrica.
some of the website listed the product code for Lumia 720.
there i could able to see 0
1. 059S0T4 RM-885 ZA WHITE SWAP
2. 059S0T6 RM-885 ZA RED SWAP

btw: Where did you get your Replacement L720.
can you chck the warranty for the device which u have it now..
I had my 720 replaced some time back and my product code is 059S0T3, which simply means am not receiving any upddate alerts for the amber :(

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^I have Indian warranty, infact the replacement guy gave me a letter stating my phone is being replaced.
Will have to visit the care centre, worst thing I want to do.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
This product code doesn't exist Gaurav but yeah manually flashing is always an option. Product code doesn't matter much in that case.

This is really weird if you think about it. One montsa has a lumia 720 whose product code doesn't exist. Second the phone was replaced as told. Sounds fishy.

@montsa007 Please get your phone checked at Nokia service centre and please screw them over n over again and ask how you have a phone whose product code doesn't even exist?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This is really weird if you think about it. One montsa has a lumia 720 whose product code doesn't exist. Second the phone was replaced as told. Sounds fishy.

@montsa007 Please get your phone checked at Nokia service centre and please screw them over n over again and ask how you have a phone whose product code doesn't even exist?
I had purchased the phone on day1 of launch, it had a casing defect.
Visited Nokia care, they said it is okay and we are not doing anything.
Sent mail to Stephen Elop's email and got my device replaced.
Checking Nokia India for L720 updates says its available, now I wish to check it on my phone and says my phone is up to date, but its actually not!
Sell it on ebay as the rare Lumia 720 and call it a prototype. :winktongue:
That trick works in UK/US, not here.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
And pray that the courier people don't make the phone disappear!
The postage costs and customs will kill the buyer, also its not really a prototype.

Its like saying "Am selling pickles made in USA in India"

Okay, jokes aside. So what have you thought of doing with your phone?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Visiting customer care after office (have to find some day) , getting denied of support, mailing Stephen Elop and getting a replacement, like old times.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Visiting customer care after office (have to find some day) , getting denied of support, mailing Stephen Elop and getting a replacement, like old times.

I used to used own a Symbian phone before Lumia 720 and it was really easy to change the product code of BB5 phones. Don't know if its possible with the Windows phone or not. Haven't really researched on it. The last option left for you is to flash the phone manually with NCS if you don't get a replacement but I'm Nokia Care can flash Amber for you too.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to used own a Symbian phone before Lumia 720 and it was really easy to change the product code of BB5 phones. Don't know if its possible with the Windows phone or not. Haven't really researched on it. The last option left for you is to flash the phone manually with NCS if you don't get a replacement but I'm Nokia Care can flash Amber for you too.

Had a chat with nokia care (web chat), told him that my device is SA variant, gave him IMEI.
Says its an Indian variant.
I respond by saying I cannot even download the Amber update.
Says its based on RM, pushed OTA and some half baked pizza.
I tell him "You are a special kind of *****, aren't you?"
Warns me that he may disconnect the chat.
I responded by saying I really don't care as you are not interested in solving the issue, ended the chat.

Have to visit a care centre only, but I have some evil plans in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05