ATT Amber Update>

anon(5328495)

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So, i have been waiting rest of you unfortunate guys for AT&T to push the amber update. Now i have lost my patience and want to flash my lumia 920 to GDR2 update. Does anyone know if there is GDR2 firmware available for AT&T Lumia 920?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Any info on flashing this ROM to an ATT branded, Portico 920?
you flash it the same way it has been described in Laura's link above. Once you are at the step in his tutorial to do OTA updates on the pre-portico Rogers you can then flash the ATT Dev rom. However, Snickler from xda has flashed this to his Lumia 920 and experienced stability issues (see his post#169 in same thread). He writes that since he is on the Rogers flashed rom (Amber) he has not experienced the same issues.
your options are summarized in my post here in the same thread that Laura posted. In any of these cases you first have to flash the pre-portico Rogers. Once you update to Amber either on Rogers, French or ATT Dev rom you cannot go back to stock ATT - at least not at the time that I am writing this.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have flashed my AT&T 920 to the Rogers GDR2+Amber ROM, its has been rock stable with excellent battery life, similar to my current Rogers 920

WP_20130922_001.jpg

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd personally wait to see if the "by the end of September globally" holds and THAN flash it.. (currently on Portico aswell, however "coming soon")

edit: omg, JUST changed to available as I was typing that! *in Gollum's voice: PATIENCE, PATIENCE, MY LOVE!*

Last edited:

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happily on Rogers firmware now! :D

Just flashed and updated my wife's 920 as well. So long AT&T (we're using Aio)!

Last edited:

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
AIO is fully owned by AT&T

I'm aware of that, but I don't have to use an AT&T branded phone on AIO, nor am I stuck on an AT&T contract. So while AIO is a subsidiary of AT&T, bringing my own device (or, in this case, rebranding my device) means I don't have to deal with the AT&T BS. And yes, we're done buying AT&T phones. I'm shopping from Expansys or Negri in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786