Half my photos are blurry

jwaisanen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So about half of the photos I take with my 920 (AT&T, no Amber/GDR2 yet) on auto settings end up very blurry. Not just soft, but completely out of focus. The other half of the time, the images are crisp and perfect. I can probably get a couple examples if needed.

I always take them the same way, tapping the screen where I want it to focus (I never use the dedicated button because it is nearly 100% always out of focus). Am I doing something wrong? The good pictures are great and I'm happy with them, it's just very frustrating to have to take multiple shots of the same picture and hope that one will finally focus correctly.

Any help?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem myself for a while; I think it started with an early update Nokia pushed out to improve image quality. I finally resolved the problem by turning off Focus Assist Light. Once in a rare while I still get an unfocused image, but disabling that feature was a massive improvement.

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine was extremely blurry as well. I finally took the chance and requested a warranty replacement through AT&T. So happy I did, all of my pictures are perfect now. It's got to be a hardware problem, a widespread one too with all of the research I did on it.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine after the 1308 update, autofocus didn't work half of the time anymore. My wife's didn't have this issue. Now after the Amber update it's completely fixed, so I can only recommend to wait for that. Hoping that you guys on AT&T will get it eventually... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)