Regarding Future of Nokia Mobile

nitin17

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Nokia Lumia 820 but since recently Microsoft have bought Nokia . I just wanted to know if we will get all the updates and customer support for this phone.
Please let me know about this as I don't want to make a wrong choice.

Thanks and Regards,
Nithin

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Future updates - Yes
Lumia 820 - Bad choice (Battery doesn't have enough juice for the hardware, it will be a blind gamble)

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have heard some people say they don't get much battery use out of the 820. I have had a 820 for 4 months and I usually average about 2 days on a charge. I believe it all depends on how you use the phone. I turn off the things I don't use but don't pamper the unit and I always use the button to turn it off; into standby mode, when I am not using it. I find the only time I have a problem is when I get an apk that is a battery HOG. But when I remove it my battery life goes back to normal. A bad wifi signal can cause problems as your phone will keep trying to connect to it and run the battery down. But if you run into that situation turn wifi off until you find a good signal. There is a thousand other ways to save the battery and a thousand ways to run it down. If you can live with 2 days of normal use (I can) it will do a good job for you. If you need more than that, you might do better with another phone. But then you can always get an extra battery for it (not a problem to change) as it has a changeable battery. Most phones don't.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Well,

Nokia (devices / services) has no future. They will all be branded MSFT xxxxxxxxxxx. Surface devices will be my guess. I'll go with fdalbor on his battery assessment. And don't believe what you hear just from this board. The haters make it sound like its only WP devices that have battery issues. Every smartphone platform has issues with battery life. There is simply a large gap in device technology in relation to battery technology. I don't see that gap closing any time soon. If you manage your device properly you will not have any (or many) issues.

Saravana Muthaly

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes my 820 too last for more than a day and with all day connected to 3g and data, well before buying i read about the battery problem, but i have ordered the phone before it so i couldnt stop. but after using it, well it is an awesome phone! and it will get 36 month of support right..

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Gsquared you hit the nail on the head with your comments about the lack of battery life with smart phones (all smart phones). I see vendors adding all kinds of trifle things to smart phones that add little or no value to the phone. If some vendor could come up with a way to double the life of the battery in a smart phone it would drive the other vendors out of business in a year. Most phones do about the same thing as the next one. Maybe the technology does not exist; but who ever comes up with it is going to have smart phone vendors busting down their door to get it. Not to mention laptop and tablet makers. Nuff said. fdalbor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6