Unlocked 720 on ATT - Just Received Amber Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised this morning to see my phone needed an update this morning - I didn't figure I'd ever see it. I'm assuming this has nothing to do with ATT - does anyone have issues on ATT with the upgrade?

I'm bummed it didn't come with Double Tap, but if there are issues with this, it's good they left it out.

I'm starting to play with it now.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Updates are per carrier branding, not the network on which a devices used. The 720 was never released for ATT, so ATT has nothing to do with updates for that device.

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone carrier code is 000-HK, which I'm assuming is a Hong Kong carrier. Default language was Mandarin when I got the phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter what carrier you use it on currently, its what carrier the ROM is linked to/what carrier you bought it from.

Since you got it Unlocked, or from some other carrier that's faster with updates, that means good-for-you! It either came from a faster carrier or a straight line from Nokia/MS.

no double-tap? I wonder why...

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere else the 720's and below didn't get double tap. The flip to silence doesn't work either, but I haven't really had time to play with it. The glance has already updated since my original update, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12