Can't receive MMS - Straight talk

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Here are the correct settings. I figured it out.

Data:

APN: tfdata
u/n:
Pass:
Proxy server (url): mms3.tracfone.com
Port: 80

MMS:

U/N: (blank)
Pass: (blank)
WAP Gateway: mms3.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net/
port:80
Max MMS size: blank
IP type: IPv4v6

I also ran HTC's connection setup App on StraightTalk, and I updated to GDR3 via the developer preview.

Last edited:

Quanstan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Darren,
I can't get my MMS to work right either. I can send pics but cannot receive them. I have a Lumia 920 with a Straight Talk AT&T 4G SIM, i have installed Access Point, but i can't get it to work. Can you help please? My APN settings are as follows:

-Internet APN-
Access Point Name: tfdata
Username: blank
Password: blank
Proxy Address: blank
Proxy port: blank
Network Type: IPv4v6
Authentication type: none

-MMS APN-
MMS Access Point Name: tfdata
Username: blank
Password: blank
Proxy address: mms3.tracfone.com
Proxy port: 80
MMSC Address: http://mms-tf.net
Network Type: IPv4v6
Authentication Type: none

PLEASE HELP!

PS eruptflail - try mms3.tracfone.com in the WAP gateway, or if that doesn't work try 66.209.11.33. Hope that helps!

Quanstan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way you could tell me what Access Point put as your settings? I have been messing with this for days to no avail. If you could tell me your settings maybe they would work for me. Thanks in advance.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I honestly can't figure this out. I'm calling straight talk this weekend and I'm not letting them get off the phone until it's fixed. I have the darkest feeling that it's something on their end.

aprilklh

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My internet is working fine, but my mms is not! I was on the phone with Straight Talk forever! Please help me! I love the HTC Windows Phone 8x. It's really upsetting that I can not send picture messages! :unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::angry:

slyde56

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Here are the correct settings. I figured it out.

Data:

u/n:
Pass:
Proxy server (url): mms3.tracfone.com
Port: 80

MMS:

U/N: (blank)
Pass: (blank)
WAP Gateway: mms3.tracfone.com
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net/
port:80
Max MMS size: blank
IP type: IPv4v6

I also ran HTC's connection setup App on StraightTalk, and I updated to GDR3 via the developer preview.

eruptflail,

I see that you've edited your initial post, and I'm curious what your initial issue was. I'm having a similar issue to the one that Quanstan has said in this thread that he is having. On the Straight Talk AT&T SIM, I can send messages, but not receive them. I also can't send or receive messages from email addresses. Is this the problem that you were having? Or was it simply an MMS APN issue?

gocat91

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the 820 for a couple of days.I cant send txt pix , cant send out emails and ive just talked to straight talk , they said its cuz my fone is locked. ive got an ATT 820. is this true? and im also having trouble keeping my blue tooth connected to the fone? i always have to pair it with my fone. frustrated

xenogodusa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the 820 for a couple of days.I cant send txt pix , cant send out emails and ive just talked to straight talk , they said its cuz my fone is locked. ive got an ATT 820. is this true? and im also having trouble keeping my blue tooth connected to the fone? i always have to pair it with my fone. frustrated

Your post says your using an "ATT 820" and this is a thread for the HTC 8x, are you posting in the correct spot?

But hopefully this will help in some way:

First your phone does not have to be unlocked to use an AT&T straight talk compatible sim card with an AT&T phone. If you were to use the T-mobile straight talk compatible sim card then it would have to be carrier unlocked. So if your phone is an AT&T 820 and your using the AT&T compatible card then your phone will work, but if your using the AT&T 820 and the T-mobile compatible sim card (or a non-AT&T compatible sim card) then your phone will need to be carrier unlocked.

Second your settings are more then likely incorrect. As extremely simplified as I can get txt pics (mms) and email messages have two components to them. First both require access to the data network and second is both have specific settings for the respective service. Your email messages (if sent by the outlook or other similar client) need smtp and pop3/imap settings, and your mms messages have other settings.

Both of these settings need to be correct in order for email and mms to work.

To help determine if part of your setting is correct lets see if the internet apn is correct. With the wifi turned off see if you use the data network at all (open the browser, go to a website and see if it loads).

*If the page does not load then you don't have the correct settings in your phone. You will need to find the correct settings and enter them
*If the page loads then you have the correct internet apn which means your mms specific settings are wrong or incomplete.

As for the rest of the settings specific to mms and/or email I can not tell you for sure what will work or not. Quoted below are the MMS and Internet APN settings I use on my HTC 8x. I can not say for sure these will work for you since your not using the HTC 8x.

If they don't work then you will need to check the forum topic specific for your phone or else do some Google searches to gather more information.

Internet APN
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Proxy server (URL): (blank)
Proxy port: (blank)

MMS APN
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
WAP gateway (URL): mms3.tracfone.com
MMSC (URL): http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: (blank)

Third if you just activated your phone it might take a day or two for things to work properly. If they don't and you have found the correct email, internet and mms settings (and your using an AT&T phone with an AT&T compatible straight talk sim card) then you will have to contact Straight Talk and request they open a trouble ticket.

kim hurd

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for providing the mms info. Do I need to have my at&t phone unlocked for my straight talk sim to work for this because I still can't receive or send pics.
Thanks! :)

xenogodusa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for providing the mms info. Do I need to have my at&t phone unlocked for my straight talk sim to work for this because I still can't receive or send pics.
Thanks! :)

If your using an AT&T compatible straight talk sim card then no you do not need to unlock the phone. You only need to unlock the phone if you plan on using it on a network other then AT&T

Check your Internet APN and MMS APN settings to make sure they are correct. If you have an Iphone (depending on which one) there maybe additional steps required to get things working.

If the settings are right (and you have what ever applicable updates are needed for the Iphone) then it maybe a problem that Straight Talk will have to look into.

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, was having same issues with my 928. Can send and receive MMS no issue.

I would note for anyone that is having the issue. If you just ported the number it may take a few days. Ported my number on a Thursday and MMS didn't start working till Monday.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
These settings (detailed in the OP) work on GDR3 unlocked devices. It worked on my HTC 8x and my Lumia 925. The device must be a gdr3 device.

marie1981

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
i have a nokia lumia 900 that i had a screen replaced on and now i cannot receive or send mms and can no longer use my unlimited data on a straight talk plan can anyone please help me. i need step by step info please i have trouble with understanding tech talk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss