Best screen protector?

dlstevenson

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I hate the idea of wandering around with my brand new phone unprotected, especially given that I drop my phones from time to time. I've read up on a lot of screen protectors -- Ghost Armor, bodyguarz, skinormi(sp?), etc -- and I can't decide which would be the best. My friend had an HTC with a screen protector that ALWAYS felt sticky, you'd actually have to use pressure when swiping across the screen because it was so insensitive. I don't want that at at all. As far as applying wet shields, I feel a little nervous. A lot of people have talked about Ghost Armor being amazing, but they always had the work done at a kiosk. My local Ghost Armor kiosk not only got horrible reviews, but also seems to have been shut down, ha. So I would have to do it all myself and I'm a little worried about using any kind of liquid near the phone. Has anyone done a wet apply themselves and had successful, blemish free results? I'm looking for something that still feels glassy and smooth, with good clarity and you all are easily the most helpful bunch, so I'd love some feedback.

Any suggestions?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm a skin user. I've probably tested most of what is available out there. You mentioned you didn't want those sticky screens so you would probably be better off using dry applied protectors. Wet skins will at some point give that feel due to the material used. On a personal note I use wet skins for the body then dry protectors for the screen. I would agree with the above post on gadgetshieldz for body skins given the limited number of manufacturers who make for our unit. Let me share a simple review I did for another brand in another unit.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=234596

In currently waiting for bse to produce for the 925 and also looking at testing another brand made by a fellow WPCentral user.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I saw your post a while back (great, informative post!) and emailed BSE, I provided them with my address and they took 2 weeks to reply to my mail.. Which is yesterday. They said they would send me an email with a link but it didn't arrive either. Ugh.

Probably because they haven't done it yet. Yep kinda slow lately. Before they're always available even for chat which was how I got the matte skin in the review since they didn't offer it. I'm also waiting for my 925 to be covered by them

Incidentally, it's good you made this thread. I actually forgot posting about the gadgetshieldz on my 925. Just did it now.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...s/243430-gadgetshieldz-nokia-lumia-925-a.html
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What would you recommend for a dry protector? I'm looking for something that's still very smooth and easy to swipe across.

if only spigen would make them for us. As a personal preference if I don't see spigen dry protectors, I look for either Capdase klia or Martin Fields. Kinda hard to look for the first one though

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

dlstevenson

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I was reading about spigen -- I am so bummed that we're not included in their elitist list, ha!
I went ahead and purchased a boxwave, I had read good reviews about them on this forum as well as some android forums. So I'll give it a go.. they were 40% off, so only $14.00 for a two pack, so I figured why not try it. If they suck, then I'll look into Martin fields. Maybe I'll muster up the courage and do a wet apply like ghost armor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett