this phone feels/looks too good for a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
hey everyone

got my yellow 64gb 1020 on launch day in the uk and have fallen in love with it completely , i have a thing about camera phones and convergence devices and the 1020 is my fave all in one package so far , ok the pictures arent as pure as my 808 but they are pretty dam good still and things like the internet browser are 10x better on the 1020

anyways as the title of this thread says this phone just feels to good and looks to good for a case , on launch day i tucked it into a nice case to protect it , last night i took it out and i just cant put the case back on . The matte yellow is so nice to touch and the phone shape is ruined by a case , i'll tell you what it really does feel like a larger n8 when i hold it

as for the design wow ..... the yellow and black look really classy together and the tapered edges and camera hump all really make this phone stand out its got to be the best looking phone out there at the minute along with the gold iphone 5s

i also get a bit worried rocking cases as we all know from the lumia 920 that if dust/grime gets between the case and phone it can mark/stain the matte coating so i am thinking i am either going to use a clear skin or just use the phone and enjoy it how nokia intended

what do you guys think to hot for a case or putting your new gadget in the safety of a nice case

have a great day :)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
any particular case mate and why that one? what about the feel and look of the phone without? good design? ugly? :) i have ordered a pouch to slide it in when not in use in case it slides out of my pocket in the car or on my bike but to be honest its gonna be hard for me to cover this bad boy up ;-)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
any particular case mate and why that one? what about the feel and look of the phone without? good design? ugly? :)

My wife and I both had Nokia N8's and my wife has a Nokia 808 now, so the case design is ok to me.

I normally go with the big bulky otterbox cases that everyone hates for the protection factor. Sooner or later, through no fault of your own, it's bound to be dropped.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way are you the buxz guy from NokiaUsers?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Lanyard>Case.

Lanyards prevent dropping of the phone, at least in theory. I'd rather have a lanyard rather than a case (though I could live with both.)

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Aye, I agree with OP. I have a black 1020, but I don't like using a case, mainly because the phone feels nice to hold, also because the phone looks badass. The case makes it feel....fat.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Also got the 64gb yellow and it's an absolute beauty. What pouch have you got? I've always just gone with a pouch on my iPhones and looking to do the same with the 1020.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I know the feel, I love the phone without a case. I personally use the camera grip as my main case. It has a nice feel to it, especially when in landscape and texting. Of course, sometimes like to remove it and enjoy the phone without the case, it's always luxurious feeling change. I just use the camera strap to avoid dropping it and just hope I don't trip and land right on it. :S

Of course, I'm /supposed/ to recommend you play it safe and use a case, but say just do whatever you think is best. If you're in a low damage prone area (I.E: in your bed, laying it on your desk, etc.) then maybe go caseless, and then when out and about, put case on. Overall, just do what you feel is best, it's all up to you.

Anyways, on and unrelated note, 64GB? You lucky dog.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
By the way are you the buxz guy from NokiaUsers?

;-) yep thats me i remember your avatar but not the name :)

yeah the 64gb is great to have as it doesnt have the micro sd card ;-) i tried my case again and as much as its a nice case the phone just feels great without one , i kind of think its how nokia intended it as well , i mean there isnt an offical case , just loads of extras that dont fit with a case on lol

i also tried the lanyard and i think i prefer that to a case , ive taken it off again but i think i could get used to it

i do have a screen protector fitted though as i hate screen scratches , if your looking for a pouch i recomend the s3/s4 mofi pouches they are built well , fit the 1020 well , have a front pocket for cleaning cloth , have a super soft inside lining that is supposed to clean your screen as it goes in and out and keep the phone safe when not in use but doesnt cover it up when it is in use , best of both worlds ey

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...ung-GALAXY-S3-i9300-I9250-ONE-X-/130823365842

i havent used the seller above just showing you what i mean when i say mofi pouch ;-) they are nice pouches ;-)

nm7s9

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
On a similar note - I like the display so much that I don't want to put a screen protector on!! - any advice - anyone???

nocial

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
If you can afford to buy a new phone then don't worry about cases and screen protector. Although I have a case/screen protector for grip and to avoid fingerprints/smudges on the screen.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
On a similar note - I like the display so much that I don't want to put a screen protector on!! - any advice - anyone???

a good quality crystal one will hardly be noticeable , martin fields is a good brand , when fitted good you can hardly tell its there , barring that keep it away from sand lol

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow 32GB, im just gonna skin it i think. That's what i did with my 925.

Screen protection is a must for me, too many times now i have risked it only to notice small scratches down the road that drove me crazy and decreased the value.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
got a yellow L1020 and i 100% agree with you, this phone is amazing to hold and look at, a case on this phone should be made illegal ! My L1020 is using the wireless charging cover, its not a full protection or even drop protected, but at least theres some protection on it, and i get to keep the matte feeling :wink: ( wireless charging cover is also matte by the way, same feel and everything.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow 32GB, im just gonna skin it i think. That's what i did with my 925.

Screen protection is a must for me, too many times now i have risked it only to notice small scratches down the road that drove me crazy and decreased the value.

i have got a skin but not great at wet installs i find them a bit fiddle , i done quite a good job on my 920 in the end but it was pretty fiddly , i wish i could just slap it on like most people are able to , dry protectors i am not to bad with yet people say they are harder lol

what skin did you get in the end out of interest :)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there a case available that would make the back flush so the camera no longer sticks out?

hummm not flush on this one but it does cover the camera hump if that helps ;-)

Nillkin Matte Textured Super Shield Hard Shell Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1020 | eBay

its the one i bought and comes with a nice screen protector that actually fits the curved screen :) doesnt cover all the glass just the actual screen :) the charging cover kind of flushes off the camera hump as well but offers little to no protection and doesnt cover the hump just smoothes the hump off so its more level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa