[XAP's] copy/backup your favorite app

megasound

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi there
here is an example how you can easy backup your favorite apps to your pc

Be sure your Samsung ativ S is fully unlocked.

1: install your favorite app from the store
for this example we use the trail version of AppoinTile ( so i do NOTHING illegal !!! )

2: connect your fuly unlocked samsung ativ s to your pc

3: then goto your favorite app directory (in this test the trail version of AppoinTile)
This PC\Samsung ATIV S\Phone\Data\programs\{DDE4E2AC-9EA5-4B05-8BBD-CB7867B01D9C}\Install

3: copy all the content to a map on your pc (in this test case 25 files)

4: go on your pc to that new created directory and REMOVE the file WMAppPRHeader.xml

5: now select all files and ZIP the files with winrar of 7zip

6: now rename the file .zip to .xap and you have now backupped your favorite app.

i hope you can use it to backup your favorite apps. :D
good luck with it
Michael

MI55

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
How do I know this DDE4E2AC-9EA5-4B05-8BBD-CB7867B01D9C is this app AppoinTile?
or are you just advertising that app ??

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Would someone with an Ativ S be willing to assist me with this? There is an app that will be delisted after tomorrow (the Chase Mobile application) and I would love a backup of it before hand. I do not have a Samsung WP.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Would someone with an Ativ S be willing to assist me with this? There is an app that will be delisted after tomorrow (the Chase Mobile application) and I would love a backup of it before hand. I do not have a Samsung WP.

I think the app itself will also stop working too, so I don't know if a backup would really help.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea I gave up on this when I saw the announcement of Chase blocking all users with the app eventually. I'm planning on leaving them over this crap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99