1020 Battery Drain

rsidhaarth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am now getting this message that battery draining faster 9% on 20 min. Do any one of the good battery. People got this message ?

It will be much better if some one who think their battery is good leave some reply here with their draining percentage and their use pattern .

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am now getting this message that battery draining faster 9% on 20 min. Do any one of the good battery. People got this message ?

It will be much better if some one who think their battery is good leave some reply here with their draining percentage and their use pattern .

What exactly are you doing?
I suspect watching videos or something like that?

rsidhaarth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What exactly are you doing?
I suspect watching videos or something like that?

i am just reading this forum using my mobile 2g data connection .

Is that cause such drain ?

I have 48 hours to swap my phone. And also phone was bit warmer during those time

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
How is the phone set up? Background apps on? Glance screen? Double tap? Etc?

It sounds like my first 1020. Personally I'd swap it.

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I have 48 hours to swap my phone. And also phone was bit warmer during those time

Some websites drain the battery faster. wpcentral.com is one of the websites if you are in desktop mode. The download bar doesn't stop and I always press the "X" to stop loading the page after few secs.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

What do you mean 48 hours, isn't it under a years warranty?

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am the same guy who posted it , but that account doesnt work any more. So i have to use my social network login.

How is the phone set up? Background apps on? Glance screen? Double tap? Etc?

It sounds like my first 1020. Personally I'd swap it.

Background Apps On , Galnce Screen On , Double Tap On, Two email syncing every hours.

Are you sure you have the same issue. I read your experience of your first 1020 , how is the second one performing?

How much % loss in standby mode and when you use it how much it is draining?
Some websites drain the battery faster. wpcentral.com is one of the websites if you are in desktop mode. The download bar doesn't stop and I always press the "X" to stop loading the page after few secs.

I used to browse forums using Tapatalk.

What do you mean 48 hours, isn't it under a years warranty?

IT is under a 1 year warranty but i think , DOA is for 7 days. If the 7 days passed i have to send phone for repair not for entire replacement.

But I don't like to send new phone for repair in less than 10 days for which i have spend 900USD :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
IT is under a 1 year warranty but i think , DOA is for 7 days. If the 7 days passed i have to send phone for repair not for entire replacement.

But I don't like to send new phone for repair in less than 10 days for which i have spend 900USD :)

I have had my Lumia 720 replaced after almost 1.5 months of use, replaced/swapped/exchanged.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Background Apps On , Galnce Screen On , Double Tap On, Two email syncing every hours.

Are you sure you have the same issue. I read your experience of your first 1020 , how is the second one performing?

How much % loss in standby mode and when you use it how much it is draining?

The replacement phone is excellent. I can go two days before it needs charged. In terms of use I have glance screen on, 4 background apps running, double tap to wake on and my Hotmail set to sync every hour. Wi-Fi, 3G and location are all on. On standby it's draining at less than 1% per hour. In use it's draining at 3-4% per hour if I'm browsing the web and listening to music. If I'm playing a game, Halo for example, then the drain rate is 5% per hour.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The replacement phone is excellent. I can go two days before it needs charged. In terms of use I have glance screen on, 4 background apps running, double tap to wake on and my Hotmail set to sync every hour. Wi-Fi, 3G and location are all on. On standby it's draining at less than 1% per hour. In use it's draining at 3-4% per hour if I'm browsing the web and listening to music. If I'm playing a game, Halo for example, then the drain rate is 5% per hour.

Halo draining at 5% per hour?! Mine definitely gotta be faulty. Just played "wordament" game last night which is a microsoft simple (but great) word game is certainly not as graphically extensive as Halo for about 30 minutes, and I lost about 25% of battery.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

You have got an amazing phone through replacement. If i browse the drain are more than 10 percent per hour. I dont gaming these days. But if i do i think it will be like 25% per hour for game like halo.

All you have got is wonderful phone where you can play halo for continuous 20 hours.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I think i have found out the app which is causing drain. Do anyone of you here skype installed?

I dont see it is enabled in background task but i am getting chats even though i have never opened it today. So i think it is mostly running in background.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think i have found out the app which is causing drain. Do anyone of you here skype installed?

I dont see it is enabled in background task but i am getting chats even though i have never opened it today. So i think it is mostly running in background.
Skype is known to be a major battery drain. Actually, any IM app that can auto-update all the time us a major battery drain.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Skype is not a major battery drain in my experience. I've had it pinned and notifying me of IMs / calls since 1020 launch and I regularly get around 1%/hour idle consumption. Of course, I always use the back button to close it once I'm done checking on messages and stuff.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

What are the 4 background apps you're running?

I replaced mine too and i currently have AccuWeather & Battery running in the background with LTE....about 4%-5% drain/hr now on standby which i'm pretty happy abt since i was getting abt 10%/hr previously....but your less than 1% standby is awesome

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Skype is not a major battery drain in my experience. I've had it pinned and notifying me of IMs / calls since 1020 launch and I regularly get around 1%/hour idle consumption. Of course, I always use the back button to close it once I'm done checking on messages and stuff.

Hi,

Whats the draining percentage of batter if you use the phone for any purpose , lets say browsing with auto brightness on and in your LTE.

Whether you are getting this awesome battery stats since the start?

Becoz , sdc1 already confirms playing halo makes the phone to get battery drain only 5% where as in my case browsing forum for 20 minutes causing 9% to drain. Let me know your stats, so i can confirm whether my phone is faulty or not.

Note: Please forgive me for the grammar mistakes I made in the post. I am bad at English.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
What are the 4 background apps you're running?

I replaced mine too and i currently have AccuWeather & Battery running in the background with LTE....about 4%-5% drain/hr now on standby which i'm pretty happy abt since i was getting abt 10%/hr previously....but your less than 1% standby is awesome

WP Central and Bing Weather, News and Sport.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've only made a significant effort to monitor and optimize battery consumption while the phone is idle. I don't have as good of an idea of the drain rate when actively using the phone with the display on. I do know it's MUCH higher than when the phone is sitting idle, which is what I'd expect. My guess would be somewhere around 15-30%/hour, maybe even more, depending on what you're doing. Most of my usage of the phone is for short periods ranging from a few seconds to 10-15 minutes at the most.

I do have one battery graph showing a time when I was using the phone pretty actively to take pictures throughout the day. You can read about it in the following post:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...id-damage-camera-grip-pd-95g.html#post2072905

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb