Amber Update one more day until the deadline

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that the end of September was the time frame of the Amber update. Well tomorrow is September 30th, and in about 2 hours it is tomorrow on the East coast!

What is the over-under we will see the amber update from At&T?

I'd would say we won't see it ever.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that the end of September was the time frame of the Amber update. Well tomorrow is September 30th, and in about 2 hours it is tomorrow on the East coast!

October 17, 15:45PM
winktongue.png

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

What they didn't say was the year... 2014.

smogg9

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
microsoft should stop bull****ting and dissing apple and just do as they do, stop getting carriers into the software business, why the hell at&t has to choose if a phone gets an update or not? that's like a lil girl wanting to go to a party and is been obliged to ask permission to her 5miles away mother's friend instead of her own mother, YEEZUS

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you guys, Nokia is rolling a post Amber update for its unbranded phones in some countries while you guys are still waiting to get a taste of Amber. I had a 920 from ATT which I ended up flashing to the Rogers firmware coz I was too restless to wait. I hope Nokia keeps its promise tomorrow and makes your Monday somewhat exciting!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you guys, Nokia is rolling a post Amber update for its unbranded phones in some countries while you guys are still waiting to get a taste of Amber. I had a 920 from ATT which I ended up flashing to the Rogers firmware coz I was too restless to wait. I hope Nokia keeps its promise tomorrow and makes your Monday somewhat exciting!

I think Nokia has kept its promise and made the update available to all carriers to approve. But there's not much they can do if companies take > 1 month to approve an update. They of course expected slightly more from the carriers.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Why not just come out and say that then. Looking for ATT to release some official word on it! I'm dialing 611 - I'll get to the bottom of it...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its probably not going to happen. That means we keep the Lumia 920 longer and not spend for new phones...something both Microsoft and AT&T wants.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
There isn't much to look forward to in this update anyway, Microsoft's updates suck compared to Apple, which doesn't make sense to me why they want to keep comparing themselves to Apple. At least all Apple devices that know they are getting the update receive the update on the same day, they need to get the things under control soon we will be getting just another minor update probably adding a notification tile.

Petur Matev

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello I'm writing from Bulgaria and I'm pissed. Now it's 01.10.2013, 00;46 and still no AMBER, and the worst is that a friend of mine has it (L520) from about 2 weeks and i don't (L920) :mad:

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lets face it we've been had by AT&T. You know why WP8 is doing well in other countries and terrible in the USA. Carriers like AT&T. Not only the fact that we haven't gotten the update. We haven't gotten a peep out of AT&T saying why or an excuse even. It really shows what AT&T thinks about their customers. I have been with AT&T 8 years. Tomorrow I start contacting other carriers to see what I can do about getting out of my plan an moving to someone else. I am holding off paying my last bill until it is past due. Then maybe when they call to find out WHY I haven't paid my bill after 8 years of being with them I can at least VENT my anger at a real person instead of a recording. The odd thing is; its not a really good update anyway, but people (customers) get tired of being taken for granted.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Lets face it we've been had by AT&T. You know why WP8 is doing well in other countries and terrible in the USA. Carriers like AT&T. Not only the fact that we haven't gotten the update. We haven't gotten a peep out of AT&T saying why or an excuse even. It really shows what AT&T thinks about their customers. I have been with AT&T 8 years. Tomorrow I start contacting other carriers to see what I can do about getting out of my plan an moving to someone else. I am holding off paying my last bill until it is past due. Then maybe when they call to find out WHY I haven't paid my bill after 8 years of being with them I can at least VENT my anger at a real person instead of a recording. The odd thing is; its not a really good update anyway, but people (customers) get tired of being taken for granted.

You are right, its not an 8.1 level update but this OS is so far behind the curve, it needs this. Not to mention we were promised this update and all we got was another broken promise. I don't know how MS arraigned the agreement with AT&T but its the deal they made and we are stuck with it.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ughhh, first people were saying Sept. 12. Then they were saying last day September 30th. And NOW some people are saying mid-October. The delays never end!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ughhh, first people were saying Sept. 12. Then they were saying last day September 30th. And NOW some people are saying mid-October. The delays never end!

Don't worry, we'll get GDR2 when everyone else gets GDR3. Then 920 support will be done. Then, the 1020 and 935 will be like the 920, and get GDR3 when everyone else gets 8.1. Then they'll discontinue that and make you buy the 1520. Same cycle since the Lumia 900.

Makes me sad. I beg people to switch, but how can I when there are issues, including the freaking update process?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster