720+Amber+GDR2 = Lot's of issues. .

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright folks...
Updated Wife's 720 to GDR2. Now there are many things to worry about..
A. IT DOESN'T TURN OfF!!

B. The theme keeps reverting to White+CRIMSON

C. When I pull down to shut down, it rebbots with the hardware keys remaining active.

4. What's App shows a horizontal lines across the screen while getting in a chat for a split second. Looks like a glitch.

Now I wanted to know if a hard reset would do the trick. ..or am I in for a hell ride, courtesy Nokia India.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4

makz23

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Updated to amber abt 15 days before, was working fine but now from 2-3 days whatsapp notifications aren't working although it is allowed in background as well as fb chat in messages is not working says "cannot connect to chat" both on mobile network and on wifi.
Battery is now discharging even faster firstly it longed upto 2 days bt nw only a day..

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hold volume down and lock screen in 5 to 10 second for soft restart,, hard reset volume down lock screen and camera long hold up to 15 second will erase all ur data..

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hold volume down and lock screen in 5 to 10 second for soft restart,, hard reset volume down lock screen and camera long hold up to 15 second will erase all ur data..

Can't I just go in Settings and say 'Reset my Phone'? Isn't that a proper way to do it?

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
wow is this issue affect all 720?
I still don't upgrade to Amber, until now I don't have any issue with my 720. Should I don't update to Amber?

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You cant upload videos if u don't update ur phone other apps do not work ur phone not updated...i have 720 and its work fine,,have Android and latest iphone love all three os,,,

Mubaswirun Nabi

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
hello, I cannot connect to 3G after updating to amber. before that i can connect to 3G with ease. though i have selected the maximum connection speed to 3G, but it always shows E in the top corner. Did anyone face this similar issue?? any help please? and i am also having the thin which line while using whats app.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 also has the horizontal line in the middle of the screen (where the loading bubble are when opening a chat) in Whatsapp. also my friend has it with his HTC 8x. Both with GDR2

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on an unlocked HTC 8X. The GDR2 update went smoothly. I think the carriers do something to the phones which requires them to carefully evaluate before pushing them out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss