Hi ,
    I tried searching for a Car rental in my area in offline GPS mode with location turned on and Data and WIFI switched off. Maps downloaded for the state. It doesn't find a car rental which is appx 2 miles - 4 KM from my place. It finds the place 15-20 miles from my location and other services which are in nearby city.

When i go online it can find it. Why doesn't it find the data when i am offline and my MAP data is updated as per maps related by Nokia last week 09/26/2013..

Anyone having similar issues any suggestions.

Regards
    K.R
    09-30-2013 03:30 PM
    The search is better if you are online because it doesn't download all that data, because then it should probably fill up the entire phone
    waazzupppp likes this.
    09-30-2013 03:44 PM
    Hi DBDev,
    Why shouldn't the user be able to decide if they want the whole map or part of it.. isn't one of the key selling point's offline maps... is there any fine print in that ?

Regards
    K.R
    ----------
    HERE - Free Navigation Apps - Nokia - USA

Keep exploring with true offline maps.

“My phone has no signal, how do I find the way to my meeting?” True offline maps mean you never have to lose your way, even if you lose your signal. Search and navigate without a data reception and avoid expensive roaming charges while traveling. Plus, offline maps are blazingly fast and load in a snap.
    ---------
    09-30-2013 07:51 PM
    Maps and location based "data" are 2 different things. Maps show you where something is located if you give the address of the location. But POI (Point of interest) address + name of shop etc. comes from the servers which obviously needs data connections. Hope that clarifies it1
    azcruz likes this.
    09-30-2013 09:04 PM
    CoPilot GPS has a full POI database that is available while offline.
    09-30-2013 09:21 PM