Screen won't shut off when talking on phone

WindTech72

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 928 screen won't shut off when she is talking on phone and she is constantly hanging up on people. I looked at my 928 and can't seem to find an option to turn this on or off. Any help would be appreciated.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
That could be causing the problem. It could be blocking the sensor. One way to check is to make a phone call, then hold your finger across the top part of the phone over the ffc area. If the screen goes blank, the sensor is working. If it doesn't then the sensor is bad or the screen protector is blocking it. You'll need to remove the protector from on top the sensor and test again. If it still doesn't go blank, then it's the sensor more than likely.

Lysergix

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue as well. I know that my proxy sensor is working with the Glance feature, but when I'm talking on the phone, the screen doesn't shut off when I bring the phone up to my face.

Yes, I have a screen protector, but the cutout doesn't cover up the sensor. One work around that I've found was just to press the Lock button.

john_blaze

May 24, 2013
Visit site
@Lysergix, have you tried turning off Glance to see if that might be what's causing the problem. I have read some forum members mention they had some problems with their phones, usually touch screen related, and that turning off Glance seems to have resolved their issues. Might be worth a try.

Lysergix

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
@Lysergix, have you tried turning off Glance to see if that might be what's causing the problem. I have read some forum members mention they had some problems with their phones, usually touch screen related, and that turning off Glance seems to have resolved their issues. Might be worth a try.

Yes, of course. I typically have Glance off as I find it to be just another battery consumer.

I just used Glance as a way of determining if my proxy sensor was working or not, which it is. However, with Glance off my phone screen still doesn't turn off when I bring it up to my face during a call.

WindTech72

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The restart worked. Now when I'm on phone talking it stays black. Glance isn't on and have tried everything besides hard reboot. When call ends my phone won't leave black screen until other party hangs up. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon