01-28-2014 04:42 AM
51 123
tools
    Hi Nikhilteja, I finally managed to see the firmware on the NSU but on the integrity check section, it says, “some of firmware package files are missing”, “Download package again or select another firmware”. How do I proceed?

FYI, i downloaded the firmware from the link that you provided....
    @Ganatha

Try deleting and extracting the RM-914 folder again. The package after extracting should be 1.28GB. If you face the same problem then your download may be broken, download it again.
    Ganatha likes this.
    10-10-2013 09:16 AM
    So you mean to say it worked for your phone? And everything in your phone is proper?
    Yes, and not only for my phone, all those who did the same way didn't face any problem with speaker. I guess your phone is still under warranty and better take it to Nokia care
    10-10-2013 09:20 AM
    @Ganatha

Try deleting and extracting the RM-914 folder again. The package after extracting should be 1.28GB. If you face the same problem then your download may be broken, download it again.
    Hi,

The firmware that i've got is 1.28GB, i guess the only other option is to download it again.

Thanx
    10-11-2013 02:01 AM
    I followed exactly what @nikhilteja did but with a little change.
    After I downloaded the NSU and the firmware, I could NOT find the formware as advised by him, I then TURNED ON my internet connection, then NSU "updated itself" to the latest version NSU 4.1.0, then I disconnected the internet. Voila! I could see the firmware now in the NSU settings. Then connected my FULLY CHARGED phone WITHOUT the microSD card( was worried I may loose all my music collection) and I got the AMBER update. I hope this is of some help. Again, Thanks to all!
    Hi Nikhilteja, I finally managed to see the firmware on the NSU but on the integrity check section, it says, “some of firmware package files are missing”, “Download package again or select another firmware”. How do I proceed?

FYI, i downloaded the firmware from the link that you provided....
    10-11-2013 11:56 PM
    hey, where did you get this rom from?
    10-12-2013 03:03 AM
    The rom shows up in the list but when I connect my phone nothing happens!
    any suggestions?
    10-12-2013 05:57 AM
    The rom shows up in the list but when I connect my phone nothing happens!
    any suggestions?
    Just restart NSU
    10-12-2013 06:02 AM
    Hi Nikhilteja,

What is md5 value of RM-914?
    10-12-2013 06:42 AM
    I followed exactly what @nikhilteja did but with a little change.
    After I downloaded the NSU and the firmware, I could NOT find the formware as advised by him, I then TURNED ON my internet connection, then NSU "updated itself" to the latest version NSU 4.1.0, then I disconnected the internet. Voila! I could see the firmware now in the NSU settings. Then connected my FULLY CHARGED phone WITHOUT the microSD card( was worried I may loose all my music collection) and I got the AMBER update. I hope this is of some help. Again, Thanks to all!
    Hi rs738,

I tried your approach and still got, “some of firmware package files are missing”....
    10-12-2013 08:35 AM
    Thanks nikhil, your idea worked out on my lumia 520, radio option has finally appeared and extra+info shows AMBER. I followed the procedure exactly. All is ok , ur rom file are ok...... Guys who did not get it, check there should be exactly 11 files in zip - 5-.bin files, 1 each DCP, FFU, NVI, PCX, VPL XML...... if u download any rom of any country there will 11 files. download NSU 11.0 as 3.0.8 version wont work now. cheers
    10-13-2013 11:45 AM
    Thanks nikhil, your idea worked out on my lumia 520, radio option has finally appeared and extra+info shows AMBER. I followed the procedure exactly. All is ok , ur rom file are ok...... Guys who did not get it, check there should be exactly 11 files in zip - 5-.bin files, 1 each DCP, FFU, NVI, PCX, VPL XML...... if u download any rom of any country there will 11 files. download NSU 11.0 as 3.0.8 version wont work now. cheers
    @Seen,

Thanx alot for your info. The rom that i downloaded AGAIN has got 11files, 5 bin type and the other 6 are DCP, FFU, NVI, PCX, VPL and XML.

Still not updating, should i try another computer?

P.s; i presume you meant download NSU 4.1.0 and not 11.0......
    10-14-2013 02:37 AM
    hello.. need help here, the lastest nsu couldn't recognize my 520. how to fix this? thanks in advance
    10-14-2013 03:49 AM
    Can I update l520 using this update..........?
    10-14-2013 04:03 AM
    I am also getting the same error 0x80131500 . Installation does not start.
    10-15-2013 11:29 AM
    In India, those user who have firmware 1030.6408.1309.0002 can update to amber. I just completed my update successfully using settings->phone update. finally.
    10-15-2013 04:10 PM
    I use Mac....there's another app (NSU) for mac?....help :(
    10-16-2013 03:36 AM
    @Nikhil I am not able to download NSU..if i open the link, it is redirected to blank page.
    10-16-2013 08:41 AM
    @bharathy

The link for NSU is broken. You can just google for latest version and download from any source.
    10-16-2013 02:13 PM
    Settings >> Extras+info in my 520 says Label ID "3046.0000.1329.10263". Does this mean I've the latest update ?
    10-24-2013 06:15 AM
    My Nokia 520 is showing Lumia Amber BUT I don't think I have all updates......I can see Radio, flip to sound , data sense etc (DDR2 updates) BUT I don't see Block call, Video trimmer, Double tab to wake, Nokia Pro Cam......

Also, I noticed that after updates, Temple Run is not working fine...lots of glitches came....not taking proper left right turn, going inside walls.....u guyz can confirm this....

Also, wanted to know best racing n puzzle games for lumia 520 or Windows Phone 8?

Thanks in advance
    Samit
    10-24-2013 12:11 PM
    My Nokia 520 is showing Lumia Amber BUT I don't think I have all updates......I can see Radio, flip to sound , data sense etc (DDR2 updates) BUT I don't see Block call, Video trimmer, Double tab to wake, Nokia Pro Cam......

Also, I noticed that after updates, Temple Run is not working fine...lots of glitches came....not taking proper left right turn, going inside walls.....u guyz can confirm this....

Also, wanted to know best racing n puzzle games for lumia 520 or Windows Phone 8?

Thanks in advance
    Samit
    Hi, I think Nokia Pro Cam is not available with L520, doublé tap to waske is only with AT&T phones, probably you will need to perform a hard reset.
    10-24-2013 07:35 PM
    You need to download SYSAPP PUSHER or LUMIA UPDATER app from the store and perform all the available updates from there. First update the extras+info from that app. Then you can get most of the pending apps that you are waiting for. Please be informed that Procam and Double tap to wake is not available for L520, while AT&T L520 is an exception.
    10-25-2013 01:19 PM

Thanks in advance
    Samit
    You need to download SYSAPP PUSHER or LUMIA UPDATER app from the store and perform all the available updates from there. First update the extras+info from that app. Then you can get most of the pending apps that you are waiting for. Please be informed that Procam and Double tap to wake is not available for L520, while AT&T L520 is an exception.
    10-25-2013 01:20 PM
    NO 3G connection after updating lumia 520 to amber

As soon as i updated my lumia 520(india) to amber i'm unable to use 3G connection. Even every settings were fine like my sim is 3G one, i had 3G internet pack, I even used 3G before updating my lumia to amber just after updating it to amber i lost my 3G. Please fix it soon. I'm able to use internet with out 3G, missing 3G speed. I even restarted my lumia like 100 times no change.

My mobile network settings were fine and Highest connection speed is 3G I even gave settings manually which resulted same problem. I think we lost 3G speed just cos of amber update, hope we need 3G update too which suits amber.

Please microsoft and nokia pls make it fast.
    10-29-2013 04:25 AM
    Thank you very much.You solved my problem and I got the update without any errors.
    12-01-2013 01:55 PM
51 123