A guide for users who didn't get proper Amber update

Nikhilteja

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
The wait is over!!

Nokia recently pushed the Amber update to L520 but it failed to satisfy most of the users because many of the users didn't get proper update. There was no official response from Nokia or MS regarding this issue but many people reported that the update is delivered to every user based on the product code but this doesn't seem to be true. If it is so there should be some info from Nokia or MS. Even they are not able to find the problem with update. Actually the GDR2+Amber is released in India for all the users on the same day but only some are successful and some are waiting for a second update for Amber. Thank god ! Unlike HTC 8X, even after getting a partial amber update, the phone works well !

I think there will be no second update for Amber, so here is the decent and official way to get Amber on your phone in less than 1hr.

Your Lumia can also be updated via PC using NSU( Nokia Software Updater). Download this application and the ROM for your Lumia from the below links and start update. Below are the detailed instructions.

[NOTE]Updating by this process erases all the data in the phone memory so better take backup of important data of your phone memory[/NOTE]

1. Download latest version of Nokia Software Updater(NSU) from any source.

2. After downloading, install the application.

3. Now download the official Indian ROM for Nokia Lumia 520 from my google drive upload here.

4. After downloading the file, extract the contents of the file to the path:

* If you are on windows xp :
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Packages

* If you are on windows 7:
C:\Program Data\Nokia\Packages

5. After extracting, disconnect your Internet for a while and open NSU.

6. Now navigate to server configuration and click work offline.

7. Now go to settings->downloads, then you should find your extracted rom in the list.

[NOTE] If you don't find it or if you get an error "Package was not found on disk" then go to the extracted path and move the extracted rom folder to products folder.[/NOTE]

8. Now restart the application and connect your phone to the computer. Then it will show the firmware no the screen.

9. Click the Update button and proceed further.

[WARN]10. Wait till the update is complete and don't disconnect or restart the computer in any case during the update.[/WARN]

11. After completing the initial settings in the phone, check the Extras+Info, you can find Amber logo in it. But you need some more little updates.For this download sysapp pusher or Lumia system updater app from store and perform the update for all the modules like Extras+Info,audio, access points etc..

After all the updates check your Extras+Info again, you can find some more modules added and you can also find sms and call blocking feature after updating all these modules.

I've attached the screen shots of the update process below

For windows XP: View attachment 44855

For windows 7: View attachment 44856

View attachment 44854

After update:

View attachment 44857 View attachment 44858

View attachment 44859 View attachment 44860

View attachment 44861 View attachment 44862

View attachment 44863 View attachment 44864

View attachment 44865

You can expect all the features of Amber except Glance and Tap to wake up. The Glance is not available for all Lumia 520's but Double tap to wake up is only available for AT&T L520 and all other lumia's. As I said before you need to do all updates with sysapp pusher to get all features like call+sms block etc..

If you don't wanna take the job of doing all these things, you can take your phone to your nearby Nokia care and they'll Amber your phone the same way..

Last edited:

nitesh27

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
im owning a lumia520 right now and have eagerly been waiting for the update.
does this really work.
i have been mostly advised to wait and check in my "phone updates" section,but i always find it saying "your phone is up to date".
and has amber update been released for india.?
does it make any sense to update at the nokia care centre.

Vishal Sevani

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Does this process of updating cause you to lose all the installed apps and any other data? If so will taking backup via settings->backup and restoring it after update work?

FlawlessSayan

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Listen guys. Updating from your hone does not erase any data on your phone but if you udate via nsu then your phone will be factory reset. I live in Kolkata and got the Amber update about a week ago. I updated all the settings apps from sys app pusher. Now I also have glance and fm radio( located in music) . Hppy Ambering

nilgdc

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had extracted rm 94 file to program data -nokia- packages -product after extracting I got RM 94... then in NSu i cant find the it in list in downloads plz hepl me thanks in advance....

Last edited:

Nikhilteja

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
First extract the RM-914 folder to Program Data->Nokia->Packages. Now check the downloads list, if it appears then proceed to next step. If it doesn't appear in the list then cut the folder RM-914 from there and go to folder Product and paste there. Now restart NSU and check the downloads list, it should appear..

nilgdc

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
the wait is over!!

Nokia recently pushed the amber update to l520 but it failed to satisfy most of the users because many of the users didn't get proper update. There was no official response from nokia or ms regarding this issue but many people reported that the update is delivered to every user based on the product code but this doesn't seem to be true. If it is so there should be some info from nokia or ms. Even they are not able to find the problem with update. Actually the gdr2+amber is released in india for all the users on the same day but only some are successful and some are waiting for a second update for amber. Thank god ! Unlike htc 8x, even after getting a partial amber update, the phone works well !

I think there will be no second update for amber, so here is the decent and official way to get amber on your phone in less than 1hr.

Your lumia can also be updated via pc using nsu( nokia software updater). Download this application and the rom for your lumia from the below links and start update. Below are the detailed instructions.

[note]updating by this process erases all the data in the phone memory so better take backup of important data of your phone memory[/note]

1. Download nokia software updater (nsu retail v3.0.8) here

2. After downloading, install the application.

3. Now download the official indian rom for nokia lumia 520 from my google drive upload here.

4. After downloading the file, extract the contents of the file to the path:

* if you are on windows xp :
C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nokia\packages

* if you are on windows 7:
C:\program data\nokia\packages

5. After extracting, disconnect your internet for a while and open nsu.

6. Now navigate to server configuration and click work offline.

7. Now go to settings->downloads, then you should find your extracted rom in the list.

[note] if you don't find it or if you get an error "package was not found on disk" then go to the extracted path and move the extracted rom folder to products folder.[/note]

8. Now restart the application and connect your phone to the computer. Then it will show the firmware no the screen.

9. Click the update button and proceed further.

[warn]10. Wait till the update is complete and don't disconnect or restart the computer in any case during the update.[/warn]

11. After completing the initial settings in the phone, check the extras+info, you can find amber logo in it. But you need some more little updates.for this download sysapp pusher or lumia system updater app from store and perform the update for all the modules like extras+info,audio, access points etc..

After all the updates check your extras+info again, you can find some more modules added and you can also find sms and call blocking feature after updating all these modules.

I've attached the screen shots of the update process below

for windows xp: View attachment 44855

for windows 7: View attachment 44856

View attachment 44854

after update:

View attachment 44857 View attachment 44858

View attachment 44859 View attachment 44860

View attachment 44861 View attachment 44862

View attachment 44863 View attachment 44864

View attachment 44865

you can expect all the features of amber except glance and tap to wake up. The glance is not available for all lumia 520's but double tap to wake up is only available for at&t l520 and all other lumia's. As i said before you need to do all updates with sysapp pusher to get all features like call+sms block etc..

If you don't wanna take the job of doing all these things, you can take your phone to your nearby nokia care and they'll amber your phone the same way..
cant find in download list in nsu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
please help

Ganatha

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey Nikhilteja,

After downloading the firmware file, i extracted the contents of the file to the path:
C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nokia\packages, i got an error, "package was not found on disk" despite seeing the firmware on the download page of the NSU.. i tried deleting the folder RM-914 and extracting it again and uninstalling and re-installing NSU with no luck, where might i be going wrong?

nsudhanva

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Guys I updated my Nokia Lumia 520 using NSU. Now the speaker of the phone is not working in terms of playing songs/videos. But works with FM radio in loudspeaker mode. Resetting/Restarting is not solving this problem. Please help! and it works through headphones. Only songs in loudspeaker and ringtones are not working

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion