Unable to accept Room request on wife's 620

hairyboggart

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
HI there all, hoping you can help...

I have a Lumia 1020 and the wife has a 620 (she wanted Pink!). We're trying to setup a room but when she accepts the SMS it comes up with the message:
"Can't Connect. If you have good reception, the problem might be with the other end. Wait a while and try again."
If we set up the Room from her end and send the invite to mine, we get the same message.

Having tried this over the past 4 days in various locations, with or without WiFi enabled and on a 3G link which registers about 8Mb upload speed I'm fairly sure its not a network issue.

Any ideas greatly received. Thanks

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Try a soft reset (on both phones, while they are on hold volume down + power at the same time and release when the screen goes off, device will restart and you will not loose any data), why not let your wife create a room and you receive her request, see if it works that way?
Also delete the room you have created, start from the scratch.
Let me know if that helps

P.S. - I never used rooms feature, just posting general solutions.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Try a soft reset (on both phones, while they are on hold volume down + power at the same time and release when the screen goes off, device will restart and you will not loose any data), why not let your wife create a room and you receive her request, see if it works that way?
Also delete the room you have created, start from the scratch.
Let me know if that helps

P.S. - I never used rooms feature, just posting general solutions.

hairyboggart

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks @Montsa007,
We'd already tried to send from the wife's phone and delete/recreate the room both to no avail. Even tried after the soft reset :(
the reset doesn't seem to have made a difference even after we resynched the date/time...

I've also tried to send the link to her phone via email and that hasn't worked... getting frustrated now :unhappy:
thanks again for the thoughts/tips/tricks one and all

hairyboggart

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yippeee - finally sussed it :)
not sure what exactly was the final fix but I noticed there were duplicated entries in her phone for Hotmail and Windows accounts (deleted the 'spare' entry!), so cleaned them out.
It didn't like using the default room or the first one I had created and then renamed... so I created a brand new one having removed her duplicated address in my people hub.
Now all working, thanks @monts007

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss