new phone 520

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
hello i okay got the phone today big learning curve. I think part of the problem its small.
but wanted to try a windows phone before purchasing the 925. Ok so ready,I put in my sd card were I have ringtones that I would like to use.
how do I get to it and I checked for updates and it said it was up to date. what is the latest OS for the 520.
and I have to push the button to turn the phone back on is that right no swiping up or across to enter the phone.
one last the GPS which do I use I need that up and running tonite to get use to it. in setting up address. I heard about
I got AT&T navigator sounds expensive and here drive beta and here maps
thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hello i okay got the phone today big learning curve. I think part of the problem its small.
but wanted to try a windows phone before purchasing the 925. Ok so ready,I put in my sd card were I have ringtones that I would like to use.
how do I get to it and I checked for updates and it said it was up to date. what is the latest OS for the 520.
and I have to push the button to turn the phone back on is that right no swiping up or across to enter the phone.
one last the GPS which do I use I need that up and running tonite to get use to it. in setting up address. I heard about
I got AT&T navigator sounds expensive and here drive beta and here maps
thanks

If the ringtones are placed correctly and are in the right format, they'll appear in settings, under the first item at the top. (although you can only get custom phone ringtones as of now)
The latest update is GDR2 + Amber (for Nokia phones, they came together) I don't think you have to worry about updates yet

Pushing the on button wakes the screen, but there's still the lockscreen, which is slid up.

Use HERE Drive (but first, update the apps in the store, HERE Drive is no longer beta I believe)
and you'll have to download some maps

HERE Maps are more like a Google Maps replacement

walkmeister

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought one of these and also have a 822. The 520 may be small, but it is fast and extremely dependable. I have never had one glitch in it, where in the larger 822, I have had a number of them.

Google Navigation is free and is excellent.

The 822 I am trying to get to function with Google Voice where I can use the phone till I lose reception (I live at the end of my signal) and go in my house and talk over WiFi with Google voice. I can do that now
with my HTC Thunderbolt and the Talkatone app, but am having great difficulty finding anything windows that will let me talk just over wifi if need be. Metro Talk, GoVoice and other windows phone programs say they will, but the fact is, they are still using the cell phone's radio, not wifi as is the case with Talkatone.

I may have to give up on my endeavor for now.

I hope you enjoy your 520...what an awesome phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett