Blind camera comparison: Vote for the unidentified cameraphone you like best!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I was going to go "phone 2" until I got to the last example, it was just a terrible pick so I had to switch to 'phone 5'.

IMO, in set 1, #2 was a clear winning, a toss up of #2 and #5 in set 2, and set 3 was #5.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to call Phone 2, with Phone 5 being close behind. I didn't pay too much attention to the exposure or colors though. I mostly looked at how clear the bark on the tree was, as well as the railing posts & siding on the house.

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I also voted for phone 5. Do they release the phone names eventually?

They said they did the photos as a comparison that they were going to post, but before they posted it they wanted to examine the blind voting, taking any ******-ism out of it.

I'd expect the results in less than a week...just need someone to come here and post it! haha

Dane Joslyn

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Phone 2 for me. 5 being close 2nd. If you look at the leaves in the tree and the bottom of the window on the vehicle you can see a definite difference favoring 2.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Phone 2 and 4 got my vote all the others had some serious jaggy's in what should have been straight lines. And as for being off color, I'm color blind, lol.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In Scene 1 and 2 Phone 2 has more detail. In scene 3, Phone 5 has most detail (look at the distance).

Tricky. I first guessed 5, but I'd strongly look at 2.

Edit: I'd almost guarantee that Scene 2 proves that Phone 5 is not the 1020. This is because the shot has been artificially corrected on phone 5 using an HDR technique. Yes, the image looks better but the balance has been adjusted so shade and light appear even. The sun should blow out the shot as it does phone 2. Also Phone 2 has amazing line detail around the wires on the street corner telegraph pole which is very far away. Only more pixels would do that.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo