Nokia Lumia 1020 Keeps Freezing

willstoc

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
You can try changing your sim card with local prepaid sim card and see if it is still freezing or not...
Yes, since your phone appears to be international model, unlocked, try the suggestion to get a local SIM card and use it in Singapore. Will also save you money. I am going to Norway with an international unlocked Lumia and plan to get a local SIM card to which I will apply a sum of Norwegian Kroner and use it for calls in Norway. Has worked fine in the past, but phone should not be locked to a US provider.

Randolph McAfee

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
While I get freezes with wifi off after using it, I've taken to using the wifi, then rebooting, and still haven't had a freeze. It looks to me like the radios matter.

mymarcio

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've started a new thread at community.microsoft.com regarding this issue. I encourage those looking for a resolution to head there and click "I have this question!" to raise priority, and share their concerns as well.

Hopefully this will help MSFT and US solve the problem. :)

Link: (replace (dot)com with .com)
answers.microsoft (DOT)COM /en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpupdate/lumia-1020-phone-freezes-randomly-update-81/7d37ff28-1573-4be7-962e-25eb78d9bb56?tm=1410389174760

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Even i am facing the same Freezing issue is there any solution for this?????

please let me know.

Perform a complete firmware reflash for your phone variant (read around if your next question would be "how do I do that?")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrislyGrizzly

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I really really don't want to have to wipe my Lumia 1020, especially when half the people just come back to say resetting the phone didn't stop the freezing/rebooting. Does Denim even correct this problem Cyan started? I'm on Rogers Canada so I can't even get Denim on my 1020 yet, but maybe somebody who has it can comment? My phone is running Lumia Cyan without Preview for Developers. I'm trying to stay away from it because my Lumia 920 got hit with a x80188308 error ("Please try again later"), preventing it from installing updates and stranding it in Lumia Black. I don't feel good about succumbing two phones in a row to potentially bad updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea