Lumia 920 - ATT Warranty Return

BENNIEV

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both Have 920s. Over the past several weeks I had problems hearing her when she was using her phone. I figured she was holding it funny but after a bit more investigation, it seemed to be an issue with the mic on her phone.
I just called AT&T since it has been about 11 months since she got it. I figured they'd have me call Nokia and I'd have to ship it in for service and be without it for a couple weeks. WRONG! They're sending her a replacement phone in Yellow! No Charge and free shipping!

I just figured I'd give AT&T their kudos cause they took care of me without any struggle!

Thanks AT&T!

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My son's 920 (3 weeks old) is having the same issue. In normal mode, you can't hear him intermittently but speakerphone mode works oddly enough.

Glad to hear it went well. I was disappointed that the local AT&T store that we purchased it from would not exchange it after just 3 weeks directly though.

Scott

BENNIEV

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My son's 920 (3 weeks old) is having the same issue. In normal mode, you can't hear him intermittently but speakerphone mode works oddly enough.

Glad to hear it went well. I was disappointed that the local AT&T store that we purchased it from would not exchange it after just 3 weeks directly though.

Scott

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 6th (yes, sixth) Lumia 920. Each time shipped a refurb free under 12 mo warranty.
This one will be sent back as well for some issues.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Better than crappy Phones4U in the UK. They send your phone away for 2 weeks and flash it even though it has a hardware problem.

Bodrik

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
BTW, if there is a AT&T Device Support Center in your area, you can look up the stock of models it carries and walk away with a new unit the same day. Recently they seemed to have added flashing software to their systems and they can now flash WP phones to perform erasing of data or just to update the firmware of phones they are giving to you. It cuts down on the time for a replacement immensely!

highercal

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm going on my 7th Lumia now. Yes, SEVENTH. ATT even offered to replace the phone with another phone of the same value. I opted to keep the Lumia 920 for the camera and wireless charging. I'm planning on using my lumia as a backup and using my Nexus 5 as my main phone. By the way, they let you choose colors now, I went from White, Red, to Cyan. I think I'm keeping the cyan. :D

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm going on my 7th Lumia now. Yes, SEVENTH. ATT even offered to replace the phone with another phone of the same value. I opted to keep the Lumia 920 for the camera and wireless charging. I'm planning on using my lumia as a backup and using my Nexus 5 as my main phone. By the way, they let you choose colors now, I went from White, Red, to Cyan. I think I'm keeping the cyan. :D

What has been wrong that you have gone through that many phones? Are you the picky type where the slightest issue means a return? Not trying to be mean btw

highercal

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
What has been wrong that you have gone through that many phones? Are you the picky type where the slightest issue means a return? Not trying to be mean btw

Well, my first one the screen completely died within the first 3 months, the second one: the flash died, Third one had the infamous "battery drain / heat" issue (it was really bad, my battery lasted less than an hour), fourth: camera completely stopped responding so I did a hard reset only to get stuck on the spinning wheels, Fifth: my screen constantly flickered and the screen had problems responding to touch, Sixth: it was just DOA and Seventh: hoping nothing because my warranty expires soon. haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad