Why are our 928's rebooting?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have a Lumia 928 with Verizon. We love our phones, but we've got some issues with them. My wife is now onto her 3rd Lumia 928 (in fairness, the first one was broken because the sales rep dropped it). And I'm having problems with mine as well. My wife called me, I didn't hear it, but saw the notice. I noticed that I got a call, looked to see who it was, saw my wife called and then pressed my finger on the listing for her in the call history. Immediately my Lumia 928 rebooted.

Why did it do that?

This doesn't make any sense. This is the sort of thing that works on feature phones for crying out loud, why would it cause my 928 to reboot? Is it Windows Phone 8? Is it the Lumia 928? What's the cause, why are we both experiencing this?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The GDR2 update seems to have destabilized the 928, I have 2 that are problematic but its not all that bad (very rare restart, screen unresponsive at times). I believe Verizon stopped rolling out the update at one point, but I don't think they have issued a firmware update to fix it. GDR3 is hopefully around the corner (within 2 months) and will likely fix the issues. One possibility would be to flash the GDR1 update on the phone if you want better stability.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I've not had any problems on my GDR2 928. Is this happening often?
I've seen a number of complaints, and TCMan88 (who works for VZW and was very helpful when the 928 launched) has mentioned they are seeing a good number of problems since the update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99