Will 1520 do "two things at once" like Windows tablet?

blumesa

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if the 1520 will do a multi-view/ multi-task like they offer on their windows tablet?

This would be a great selling point for Nokia

BDBDBD

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the phone won't have the split view feature as that seems to be a feature only available on higher end Windows versions (RT and Pro). I'm guessing we'll get a pretty Vanilla Windows 8 installation with some minor Nokia enhancements like Picture Show and maybe some updated Camera features. I would love to be surprised and see something totally new but that doesn't seem like WP8's current mode of development. Hopefully the Nokia acquisition will speed up the rate of change.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. This is really just going to be a large smartphone, not a real phablet. At least in my opinion, no Wacom stylus support and no apps snapping = no real phablet. And this is not Nokia's fault, it's Microsoft's! Again!! They had a hole working year since they released WP8 and they couldn't add those 2 essential things to it. One wonders WTF are they doing.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if the 1520 will do a multi-view/ multi-task like they offer on their windows tablet?

Haven't heard anything about that. A split view like Windows 8 could work. I find that "windows" on a phone and tablet are hard to resize properly.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

This will be running Windows Phone, not Windows. There has been no evidence that Windows Phone will support multiple Window multitasking in the near future.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
2 apps snapped side by side could be possible on the Lumia 1520 with a new WP8 version (WP8.1?) but real stylus support will be lacking as it is a mater of hardware and not software only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb