Lumia 1020 camera won big in blind test and shootout

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 camera won in blind test and shootout

I wish we were given higher quality images to go off of, and more shots to compare would be nice as well. Still, there's no doubt the Lumia 1020 won that one. It's in a class of its own, and makes me laugh at things like the Sony QX series. (I work for a cmaera company and a Sony rep showed me one in person. He was telling me I couldn't use it on my Lumia 1020, and I just laughed it off telling him I didn't need a big thing clipped onto my phone to have an awesome camera)

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

awesome, just got the news too. Although I expected it, iPhone5S coming off worse than Galaxy S4 was a shocker.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

didnt really like phone areneas comments

When you think about it, the Nokia Lumia 1020 was obliged to win this one. After all, it's so thick and bulky and uninviting, only because of the camera it packs. Well, Windows Phone itself also has a hand in it being so uninviting, but that's a different story. Anyway, now that we've revealed the cameraphones, are you surprised by the results?

really a bit uncalled for and made themselves sound a bit silly to me ...... thick , bulky and uninviting?? i think its one of the best looking phones out at the minute and so do a lot of my friends

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well all people can't just praise windows phone, it is now imbibed into reviewers that they have to say negative stuff to pacify people using other platforms.

Just get over it, it is their opinion and they are entitled to it as usual.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Even though I'm glad the Lumia won (figured it would, easily) how frakking hard is it to get photos that aren't blurry?! This infuriates me about these "camera comparisons". It like 5 shots in a row, phone x was sharper, then suddenly in shot 6 phone y is suddenly sharper! I wonder how... (that was more about all I've seen, not a specific example from this comparison, although there are plenty of out of focus shots in this one.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes